Page 4 of 6262 FirstFirst ... 2345614541045041004 ... LastLast

Thread: OM mini-meet on Bennachie

"I come here coz it's a happy thread."

This comment has cheered up my day immensely. Thanks Elaine, and a belated Happy Birthday to you for yesterday. Sounds like you had a nice day on the Moors. I hope you got lots of nice pressies to top it all off.

Lindsay -- I'll have another look for the Trossachs thing.

Snow? Did you say snow? Right, where's me tent?.............

Another town, another Tesco's. Will it ever end? Will we ever see the fair Flaff? Oh the anguish of it all! )

Thanks Oot, that's really good to know and yes it was a happy birthday. Even heard a bit of Scottish music in the evening at the pub as a guy brought his accordian along. Reminded me of hogmanay when I was a kid.

Can't remember where the subject of 'Flaff in the wine aisle at Tescos' first started but it makes me smile. Hope Flaff won't mind me saying that.

Thanks for the offer of a lift to the hills oot, I'd like to take you up on that. I'll happily pay the petrol. We'll stay in touch and organise something; I'll mail you some dates and we'll see how it goes. Steve might be up for it too, he's keen to learn more and he's slowly building up his gear.

Thank again and best wishes.

Hi Elaine, aye this is a happy thread! Re. wine aisle, check out the Scotland meet thread ;¨)

Gentlemen, please! I am but a wee woman, who is not that interesting. Apart from the amount of wine I have in my humble abode, maybe.

I await the next round of supermarket sweep (Wine aisle edition, naturally!).

Hi Elaine- this is a happy thread. Some good fun to be had here. I'm not sure why Lindsay and Oot think I'm so interesting. I did think they were after my wine, but Lindsay doesn't drink......

Dick- if you Guys are going out and about it would be nice to join you. I'm carless, so I'll be on public transport, but the cairngorms are do able that way. There was fresh snow on them saturday adn sunday, I wonder if Oot was warm enough in his tent.

Excellent news Dick. I was hoping you'd say that Because you're so well known in my company I shouldn't have any problems getting time off. I'll use YOU as the excuse...lol

I'm pretty much free from the 27th onwards, so yes, email me some dates and we can arrange something. Similarly, think of some places/mountains you'd like to go to.

cheers... Paul

Cor Blimey.... Flaff's back!

Going to lunch, will reply when I'm back. The joy!, the joy! ))))

Aboot - we're almost there. She's pretending she's not interesting . She's single - that's a start.

Flaff - didn't spot you in Aviemore.

Weather was atricious in the Gorms. Conditions difficult in snow, ice, hail strong winds, zero visibility at times. Client had no experience of winter walking - he has now.

Todays walk had to be cancelled as one of my female clients can't cope in strong winds and we have already made one unsuccessful attempt at Braeriach.

A'boot - I forgot to say if flaff is going to the Gorms I might have to cancel my clients walks on the day you select. We will soon see how interesting she really is - just playing hard to get. Do ladies like frogs or are they a bit slimmy for them - slip from their grasp?

Still happy so how about a song?

"FROGGY WENT A COURTIN.......'

So what's the plan on the 14/15th? Bidean Nam Bheann? If the weather is passable I might zoom up from Carlisle to Coe and meet you all there Friday night. Where will you all be? Where is Invercoe campsite?

Right then.... where to start?.....

Didn't do wild camping this weekend. Decided that since I'll be car/wild camping soon for a week I'd give it a miss. Instead I did the Cairnwell Munros on Sat and Monadh Mor/Ben Bhrotain on Sun. The latter was a royal pain as my socks got wet and I've now got two red-raw bits on top of my big toes

Weather... a right bag of you-know-what!! Looked a lot worse in the Northern Cairngorms than where I was. Nevertheless, got my share of crap weather too. Pity about your customers Lindsay, but at least you don't have to suffer for another day.

Lindsay - Flaff's tried this "I'm not interesting" thing before. She's only doing it to put us off Let's see now... She does all sorts of outdoor things, including climbing! She's funny, obviously intelligent, and for a girl, she's got great taste in music! AND... she likes a drink!! Ordinary? I doubt it. All that excercise... she's gotta be pretty fit lookin' ) Oh, almost forgot... she wears a "tourrie" as well ) What more could a guy ask for?

Slimey skin thing: Let's just say I've never slipped from a womans grasp yet 8-) (I'll let you read whatever you want into that one )

Flaff - Hope all of the above hasn't put you off of coming to the Gorms It would be great to see you, and I promise I'd be a pefect gent. In fact, I'll probably die of embarrasment )

Elaine - Or we could even try some poetry...

"A puddock sat by the lochans brim,
    an' he thocht there wis never,
    a better than him...."

A'boot - the weather was particularly bad for May. Met a couple on Ben Macdui and the conditions were slightly better on the south side of the mountain.

Don't suck your toes and they won't go raw!!

I think were going round in circles with Flaff - she's definately trying to keep us away. From what we read on these forums she is able to hold her own against her males climbing friends and can probably dring them under the table so we should be very careful here aboot - we might het egg in our face.

flaff - I thought you said careless but corrected myself - if I am able to go on this Gorm day meet, and I presume it will be the easterly Gorms, can you make Aberdeen in the early morning - if so you are welcome to a lift to meet the frog and his friends. I can get first opportunity to find out how intriguing you really are - no need to bring the wine cellar though.

Aye, it was definitely better on the South side. All day Sunday I only got the occassional glimpse of Macdui and Cairn Toul. Devils Point/Carn a Mhaim were reasonably clear. Braerich was lost all day. Most of the cloud was breaking up as it cleared the south end of the Cairngorm Massive. Both my days were probably sunny with showers, as opposed to showers with sun. Still got wind, rain, sleet, hailstones, snow and snow drift tho'!

Ah yes, the enigma they call Flaff. She's being awfy quiet. Maybe this time we really have scared her away for good Either that or she's drowning herself in a vat of wine somewhere

Chamapgne Cocktail - Excellent news about the OM meet. Look forward to meeting you if you make it. Probably best to post on the other thread. Not sure if the others read this one.

a'boot - she was also very quiet last week - I thought it was abscence made the heart grow fonder - as she wasn't able to get to the Bennachie meet!!

a'boot - for an update on the weekend's walk see:
    http://www.caledoniahilltreks.com/wa...cairngorms.htm

can you compete against these conditions?

Had a look Lindsay. Sounds about right. Who'd have thought it... fresh snow in May! I think you definitely suffered a lot more than me, despite the fact I was only a few miles south of you. Mind you, those bleedin' hailstones were quite painfull sometimes. On saturday's walk I kept thinking... Take yer ski goggles with you tomorrow. What did I forget on Sunday?...........

Also, read your Trosachs bit. Very entertaining So were they man-haters, as in "we hate men coz they're pigs" or were they the short hair and army trousers type, if you get my drift?

a'boot - one thought I was rather charming - what else would a woman expect -she is the owner of the MG Sports car with soft top - however far too young. The other obviously has a chip on her sholder about men - must have had a raw deal from a non-highlander.

Guys, calm down! lol

I've been busy at work, so I've not had much time to play on the PC. If you look on the skirts thread you'll see what I was up!

I can also vouch for the weather at the weekend. We had everything- rain, hail, snow, gusty high winds. The works basically. I was on Carn Sgulain and A'Chailleach on saturday, behind Newtonmore. It was a good day out, and hard work at times, but good nonetheless- now up to 41 Munros too. ) Really enjoyed the the swim and sauna after (not to mention the dinner and the ceilidh).

Shame about the weather affecting your client Lindsay, but it's better that she cancels, than struggles in conditions she's not good for. There's always another day! I saw the weekend forecast and packed for winter, and it paid off.

I hate to disappoint you all, but actually I'm something of a lightweight. I'm the one everyone can drink under the table!

As to a gormies meet, I was thinking Aviemore cairngorms, but I'm sure we could work something out for the east side.

Ach, I've yet to meet a puddock that didn't sing a song.....

a'boot - we've upset her again. I think we are being reprimanded.