Thread: The New Outdooors Magic User Survey.

A coupleof thoughts in my brain though! Immediate level of outdoors skills must presumably be meant to mean Intermediate? And on the section detailing ones buying habits for outdoors kit the main thing I would tick simply is not there it appears. That for someone like myself who researches in stores and online, and too might well buy the researched kit in stores or online. This seems to me to be the category into which most folks might well usually fall. So it seems a bit odd therefore that this is the one category not thought of perhaps to have been included in the actual survey! Other than that, survey done and much enjoyed! And it is a prize draw too as well to win an outdoors lantern! Rock on!
    Trevor DC Gamble

The bit to access this survey seems to be a bit difficult to find other than as a rather chance encounter actually. I do not understand why this is. Surely it would be more desirable for a link to this survey to be more prominantly positioned on the site? So it is easier for folks to find and join in with, providing their answers sought for, and to allow them to enter that built in competition. I say this only as having completed the survey I noticed that the link advert box to it afterwards now is nowhere at all to be seen, on any of the site screens/pages strangely!

I am actually also really hoping that this time round the OM Central staff will share with us all a few of the stats gained from this survey. Especially thinking of the interesting stats from which our average site user age etc could be gleaned! I would love to see that again, as it has not been that much disclosed aside from in a piece I read about us all, written by OM staff, for another website. That had an intro to this OM website basically, with some interesting little stats about us all on here who are regularly using the site. I find such things quite fun to read myself.
    Trevor DC Gamble

Mini Goon

where is the survey it must be well hidden!

‹bermensch

I can't see it, either.

Super Moderator

Here you go guys:http://surveys.automatesurvey.com/s?...2099&h=1148491

We'll be making it more visible on the site soon.

Thanks,
    Ed

Level of outdoor skill "immediate"? With no option for "delayed"?

Question critique in more detail...

First questions okay, but "Outdoor skill" is kinda mince. There are some professionals amongst us, but most are amateurs on the simple basis we're not getting paid to do it. Nothing to do with skill level. Beyond that, "outdoor skill" isn't much use: if my sailing skills are up with Ben Ainslie but I'm so scared of heights I can't/won't go hillwalking at all and I refuse to have any truck with camping, what is my level of "outdoor skill"?

Top 3 outdoor activities... well, a potential top 3 for me are all "other" (XC ski, ski touring, orienteering), but I can't do that. Cycling is split in to two, but all paddle sports are in one.

WTF are "outdoor drinks and snacks"?

I try not to select according to brand, but by product matched to a job.

There was just so much on there that confused me too. I could not put it into the right words sadly. I knew that Peter would be able to exactly do so though with the correct insightfulness I tend to lack as a result of being on the Autistic Spectrum! Cheers Pete! Much appreciated as always.
    Trevor DC Gamble

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Clinch View Post

Question critique in more detail...

WTF are "outdoor drinks and snacks"?

What they seem to be is bloody expensive for what they are I really feel there, Peter!

http://www.sportpursuit.com/nutrition

Trevor DC Gamble

Isn't it about time we had another one of these things on here perhaps? Be a chance for folks to sound off about things they rather dislike; or alternatively to ask for more of what does actually float their proverbial OM boat maybe? Just a thought, so mentioned it, ok. Hopefully the new powers that be here might look into this for us all, what with considering the growing OM membership and usership increasing again daily here once more again.
    Last edited by Trevor DC Gamble; 23-03-2017 at 05:02 PM.
    Trevor DC Gamble