Thread: New Lymes Disease Like Tick Bite Spread Infection Illness Discovered In South E

This is brand new as a just breaking current news story, which can be found upon the MSN newsfeed online if any if you should wish to read it. It is not really jolly reading though since it appears this new strain of tick bourne infection from tick bites in the UK might be an antibiotic resistant untreatable strain. From the sounds of it that is what I have been experiencing for years that I reported about earlier on this year on a forum thread on Lymes Disease. A recurring fever with night sweats is what I go through at least a few times each year still, from the early nineties till today.
    Trevor DC Gamble

This story is still so new that it was not even there on my regular online news site last night even. Even though it comes from a report in the Daily Telegraph online from sixteen or so hours ago. MSN picked up on this really only just earlier on today it seems like. Porton Down was the place that confirmed this as being a new previously unknown strain of infection in ticks in the South East tick samples they were testing, for other infections like Lymes as standard. This is then a quite by chance worrying discovery of a new disease, with similar symptoms to Lymes, but different infection present outdoors here.
    Trevor DC Gamble

No link, Trevor?

Can't say I'm too surprised by discovery of a new twist to the effects of bites from infected ixodes genus ticks, or certain Borrelia bacteria types. Lyme Disease was first recognised as late as 1975 and so far as I'm aware there is no medical authority in the world yet aware of the full range of illnesses these things can cause or how they come about. Misdiagnosis is still common and wholly accurate LD diagnosis still cannot be achieved by current tests in any case, especially in early stages.

Prevention as they say, is better than cure.

Mini Goon

My 2 boys ended up with 4 ticks between them after playing amongst the ferns at Bradgate Park in Leicestershire. They were mainly on their scalps! To be honest, I should have been more aware as it's a deer park. Lesson learnt with hopefully no bad repercussions.

Sorry Toot, not so good at posting a link from a smart phone you see. I have never had one before, so unsure if I can even post links as i do using a tablet or a pc. If I am out travelling around to business meetings on a train or bus/coach then I most usually just take the smart phone with me these days. Was supposed to be getting issued a laptop to use in my volunteering capacity with Sussex Oakleaf as a co-opted OCC - Oakleaf Consumer Circle - board member. It just never seemed to happen what with the long reorganisation of the whole Sussex Oakleaf organisation sadly. When I am full time back into work then first purchase will be a good laptop perhaps.
    Trevor DC Gamble

Yes Harry, I agree with you there since I think my infection of this type comes from a tick bite in deer country, most likely on the local Ashdown Forest military training area or maybe even the Pippingford Park training area nearby. Did my survival, evasion and escape training between there and Crowborough army barracks in the nineties. That was where I first experienced these problematic medical condition symptoms I recall. Heavy night sweats, pain and tenderness in joints and muscles etc. And have had those on and off ever since for years now.
    Trevor DC Gamble