Thread: Replacing my Berghaus Deluge waterproof trousers...with Berghaus Deluge?

Widdler

I've worn Berghaus Deluge waterproof trousers for the last five years, taking me across the Coast to Coast, all ober the Peak District, my first scrambles in the Lake District and even snowshoeing in Norway. I've even worn them beating for a local shoot and they've stood up fine to some serious abuse, but last weekend the side zip suffered a massive failure. The teeth of the zip have detached from the material and almost unwound into what I can best describe as a long piece of wire.

I've considered getting a new zip put in but I'm not convinced that this will be a great long-term solution. As such, I'm now after a new pair of overtrousers.What I've liked about the Deluges is the relatively light weight and packed size (for the £50 price), and particularly the full length zip that makes putting them on over even winter boots a doddle. But before I part with any cash, does anyone have any recommended alternatives? I'd like to keep my spend below £75 and do value robustness over ultra-lightweight material.

Oh, and I now beat wearing a pair of £20, super-tough, waxed cotton overtrousers!

Many thanks!

Initiate

For what it's worth you can easily get them for under £30 now.

Mini Goon

I have These Karrimor Goretex trousers for sale.

http://www.outdoorsmagic.com/forum/c...ots/60644.html

They may not be suitable as they are not as modern and lightweight as the Deluge, let me know if you need any further info.

Mini Goon

I agree the Deluge are cracking value for money if you can pick them up for £40 or so. I've had a couple of pairs that I abused the hell out of and they still lasted a couple of years each.

Got some overly sexy Haglofs overtrousers now which are lovely but I've already holed them in several places. Not sure that super swanky overtrousers are worth it if you're doing anything other than poncing about.

I doubt you'll beat the Deluge for price and performance, or even if you pay more. I'm on my 4th pair in around 6 years, but i do wear them on all my walks, bar summer.

Übermensch

if your happy with them for 5 years then stick with them especially for the price

Widdler

Widdler

Thanks for linking to your Karrimors, Steve. They look good trousers, but I'd rather stick with the weight of the Deluge, or lighter. Good luck selling the Karrimors though.

In the absence of other recommendations I'll stick with the Deluges, and Brownie's link seems a great price, so many thanks.

Mini Goon

I have to echo Shoutsatquietmice here, very doubtful that you will find a better overtrouser for the price. Taking into account quality, features etc, etc. To be honest I just keep replace my pair when they die and have done for many years, think I got my first pair in 2003, although I have only had toreplace them twice since (both times to not watching what I was doing on scrambles).

Mini Goon

£29 is a good price, Gaynors is a well established company too so hopefully no problems. They seemed to have a good range of sizes in stock