Page 52 of 891 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152552 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 17814

Thread: Random Rambling Rowlocks

‹bermensch
    What's more dangerous than Mrs C reading my posts and referring to her as 'ballast' - it's Mrs C logging in as me - and there's nothing I can do to stop her - mwah hahahaha. Happy New Year everyone from the very long-suffering Mrs C x

, that means I had better not make comments about hair or the lack of it as who ever is reading the post out of the two of you one is bound say something nasty to the monitor .

‹bermensch

( Whispers ) Afternoon everyone hope everyone is feeling well today

Damn nobody listening

(Shouts) WAKE UP YOU LAZY LOT ! bloomin part time party animals one half a shandy and they can't cope

hic

‹bermensch

well most of the pots done just got to finish cleaning up other half is def worse for wear but I actually didn't drink much just a few cans of Cider.

Well done speed , I was digging a smallish hole outside in the hope of finding the mains water pipe, dug the hole but no pipe at the bottom of it, ho hum , I don't drink much either if at all .

‹bermensch

I don't drink much most of the time but some of the time I drink too much

Whats the problem with the water pipe AR ?

No problem really, I managed to buy the cottage nextdoor ( mortgage ) and the chap that was in it has moved to a nearby village, as there's no one in it I was wanting to get a stopcock put in somwehere, there's a toby at the front of the house but it doesn't appear to put a pipe in the direction of the cottage. There is a stopcock under the bath in the cottage but it doesnt work and the corner bath would need to be removed to get at it I didnt put it in .

The water can be shut off but it stops the water to the house and the cottage at the same time.

Well you know what the problem is dont you AR... you didn't put the 'ole in the right place

Silly 'ole.

‹bermensch

AR can the local council not show you the plans for the properties that should hopefully show you were the pipes are etc.

I know you used to be able to go to your local council and pay for a copy of the plans and look at them also but that was by pre arranged appointment at my local council.

Failing that the water board could tell you but they may try to persuade you to pay them to do the work quoting legislation this and that as to why you shouldn't or in their opinion can't do the work yourself. If they do say you have a friend who is a qualified plumber who will be doing the work you just need to get the info for him first.

Mmm, thanks beth, you're right of course, silly ole .

cup of tea time as it raining again, or it will be in a few mins as it's heading this way across the loch .

Speed, thanks for info but I am under the impression that it's my pipe, as it is coming of the main water pipe that runs along the road and a spur come across "My" ground to the house, time will tell and a bit more scratching about .

‹bermensch

I must be to trusting - not signing out. Or is it just stupid.

Been a gorgeous day here - just 24/48 hours late !!!!

‹bermensch

AR

I meant you can find out from the council about were the pipes are or at least should be ( depends how uptodate they are ) and then you know were they are and can get it sorted. As long as there has not been a lot of work that has not been recorded properly the plans should be pretty accurate still just give the council planning section a ring see what they say.

I was not sure re were you live about if the waterboard would have any say in the work but if it is on your land then hopefully you can do as you want.

Chewie, I'm signed in all the time, but then I'm here by myself, apart from when M&M's were here and took over my laptop .

It's ok Speed, I know where the Waterboard main is, it's just the pipe going into the cottage I'm not sure about, slowly slowly catchie monkey

‹bermensch

Sorry AR maybe I am not explaining myself the plans would show you were the pipe goes from the waterboard main into the property as a line and enters the propertyand were any stoptaps are. Or at least it should if upto date enough. I say if because with remote properties like yours who knows if work was done without informing anyone and maybe pipes and stoptaps etc have been moved. If you have a nice planing officer they may even tell you over the phone enough for you to locate what you are after straight away.

Chewie I am signed in on the laptop and the tablet 24/7 as well

I'm always logged on but no one else uses this laptop.

Alex, I hope you'll find your water pipe, not the best weather for digging.

Chewie, thanks for the song, its on a loop in my head.

Had a great walk round local woods today, a bit nippy but lovely weather nontheless. Now I'm torn between eating or snoozing. No wine tonight, well not till after the kiddies have gone to bed, I don't think I could stay awake if I drank anything now.

I had a really nice new year's eve, plenty of fireworks.

‹bermensch

Glad to hear you had a great time Taz have some food then the wine that way the wine is soaked up by the food but then the snooze does sound good after all it's a nice day to chill out after the bedlam of xmas and new years eve

Evenin' all.

I trust you've all had a great time, these past few days.

I've travelled even further than I had hoped, and seemed to have flown to a beautifal new planet at the speed of light. Unfortunately, I had to return back here to refuel.

and do the bloody laundry

‹bermensch
    Quote Originally Posted by pete_rbg View Post

Evenin' all.

I trust you've all had a great time, these past few days.

I've travelled even further than I had hoped, and seemed to have flown to a beautifal new planet at the speed of light.
    Hello stranger

Speed of light eh !

Quote Originally Posted by Chewie View Post

Speed of light eh !
    I trust no yooffajizzum implied!

You'll never know quite how far Chewie, you'll never quite know.