Page 502 of 891 FirstFirst ... 2402452492500501502503504512552602 ... LastLast
Results 10,021 to 10,040 of 17814

Thread: Random Rambling Rowlocks

‹bermensch

Nice pics both of you

Hope you can get the fault found if I was nearer I have a multimeter which might have found the fault but probably best getting a garage to put it through their equipment.

Just got back in weather forcast was for sun 11am maybe a bit earlier well up on the fells by Chew resi it was a proper peasouper. Oh and did I mention the rain we had ( stopped about 400m before we got back to the car.

Saw the RSPB warden she was on her way upto Featherbed mossand awaiting coptor deliveries so hope all went well there as visibility on the top was about 30m max when we were there, cleared a little as we came back down but then closed in even more.

Yeah, have to take a few chances with the weather at the moment, I guess speed. Trust you enjoyed the walk, none-the-less.

My elder bro tells me that the boot light (on Vectras) is a usual suspect. My electric boot-opening-button-thingy's been playing up ‚?? opens the boot on its own accord which, in turn, also switches on the rear reg. plate light, even when parked and engine off. So that might be the first 'place' to look ‚?? not that I fancy getting under the car just now, nor do I really have the spare time. We'll see.

‹bermensch
    Quote Originally Posted by pete_rbg View Post

My elder bro tells me that the boot light (on Vectras) is a usual suspect.

not that I fancy getting under the car just now, nor do I really have the spare time. We'll see.

Pete shouldn't you be able to get to that via the boot itself without having to go under the car?

walk is my old stomping ground but haven't got the fuel money to go any further away ( not even to Glossop for Kinder ) Hopefully try and get out at weekend but maybe next week might have the money for a couple gallon more fuel to get to Kinder area as I have a walk I want to do from Hayfield.

Used this walk as I have not bothered with walking speed and times, but worth working out as I havebeen considering joining some of the local clubs but no point if because of my knee and back I would not be able to go at similar pace. When I went to Great Langdale I would have loved to walk with the others but I did not want them to feel obliged to go at my pace if slower, for many their time is valuable and they had plans they wanted to complete.

Quote Originally Posted by speed View Post

... would have loved to walk with the others but I did not want them to feel obliged to go at my pace if slower...

Always a difficult one. Some peeps talk of 'not going fast', but are actually quite competitive about pace, distance etc. which, in my opinion, can rather miss the whole point of being out on the hills in company...

... the more important things being 'hills' and 'company'

Of course, you're right about not needing to get 'under' the car to sort the tail light.
    My brain's a bit mushed, as always

‹bermensch
    Quote Originally Posted by pete_rbg View Post
    My brain's a bit mushed, as always

You missing Taz already ?

Quote Originally Posted by speed View Post

You missing Taz already ?

It's 'er wot mushed it

‹bermensch

Should that be a or a for having mushed brains ?

Then again I ain't got no room to question mine has the consistency of lava rock

brb

Think I'll go for a seasonaltrio

Ultra King

At least you have a 'brain'.

When it gets breezy as has been all day, I like to wear a hat with "ear flaps", so stopping the whistling noise as goes from one ear, through empty space and out other ear. Drives me mad, .

@ Alex, I couldn't get to Goggle, maybe because I don't use Bookface. I take it that the pics are near where you are?

Fecking chilly ear, temp 0.8c wind 17mph and temp is dropping.

Could be more of a 'slide' than a dander in the morning........

PBBL.

Awww, does that mean the link doesn't work for you Husky, it was ( goes off to check ) the Royal Marines from Deal taking bandsman up hills in this area in 1964 - 66, the clothes they were wearing were a bit different from todays clothing, camping in the snow as well, it was a flickr page.

Quote Originally Posted by huskyman View Post

At least you have a 'brain'.

... through empty space and out other ear. Drives me mad, .
    Too late

That link of AR's was to a flickr page husky, titled 'Royal Marines, Deal (Kent) 1964 -1966'. But the pictures relate to all sorts of postings (I think):

Edit: Yer beat me to it

Initiate
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander rae View Post

Can I please share this here? I was involved in a car accident on Monday in the Staffordshire Moorlands near the roaches on the A53 between Leek and Buxton. One of my dogs in the car bolted from the car after the crash and has not been found, he may have been injured. He is a liver cocker spaniel. I am desperate for any sighting of him and if any of your followers on here are in the area Nr Flash village please look out for him. my number is

I came across this on fb, and put it in here for Skip or TV incase they are in that area, i deleted the phone nos though, can send it in a pm
    We aren't in the area but I know a gal who is so will pm her, thanks ar.

Gee that must have taken a while if you changed the size Pete , they were in the Fannich Hills, I haven't been there so far although I've walked along the track beside Loch a Brahoin a few times now , I meant to though .

Thanks TV, I'm not sure where you are but know that you and Skip know the area so just thought I'd mention it .

edit, just having a look at the fb page, below is a post from the owner of the lost dog.

thanks Lisa, we have had tracking dogs out looking for him but my other dog has an injury so cant go, the accident happened as I was turning into my drive so all friends with dogs have covered the area, my big hope is that someone has picked him up. xx

He's been listed on "Dog Lost", just looked thought 300 odd comments and they still haven't found him, he went off a few days ago.

Initiate

Glad you are on the way to getting your car sorted Pete

Love the pics, looks like Taz enjoyed her birthday.

Teesdale Viking wrote (see)

Glad you are on the way to getting your car sorted Pete

Love the pics, looks like Taz enjoyed her birthday. [/QUOTE]

Thanks Smoky.
    It was a bit of mixed weekend, what with running out of oil for the heating, car being a pain, youngest going down with Chicken Pox and then the power-cut. Probably not Taz's best birthday experience, but one that might be remembered!

Hope you're feeling better and that nasty blister is healing itself a quickly as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander rae View Post

... that must have taken a while...

Just a quick 'screen-shot' and then Plotoslop

Initiate

Thanks blister healed up really quickly but I've been ill for a week. My friend had to cancel his Santa train trip with his gs who suddenly came down with Chicken Pox too. Hopefully I'll be back tomorrow , or rather, unfortunately.

Yep, I've a pile of stuff to wade through at college ‚?? hopefully it won't all be pooh

I don't understand why Husky cant see the photos in flickr pete, as I'm not linked to him in any way and I was looking through them, however I am a fickr member, but don't think that should make any difference .

No, I don't know why husky can't view Flickr, either ‚?? must be the luck of the Irish

I have an 'account', but not a paid up one (think I mentioned way back). I know yours is different 'cos of the that falling down ol' shed that you try to charge peeps far too much dosh for.

'Tis the season of good will to all men

Edit: I better dash off and cook some food, before 'the boys' knock on the door