Thread: Talkback: Berghaus Alpine Active Shell For Autumn 2011

I really like the look of this Jacket, might be on my wish list.

Ultra King
    I would like it if it was a little less dramatic in colour. Perhaps a single colour or more subdued options. I'm really not into this bright as you can styles. Previously it was that bright lime green or orange now it seems blue and red are the colours of the day. The old Berghaus bright blue and reds that is. Not good.

i'm disappointed it's not in bright lime green.

how about purple and green?

Be careful what you wish for!

Actually they seem to have decided - I can't decide if its colour blindness or some sort of mad fashion trend - that this is a good combination of colours! So everything in purple has bright lime green zips etc. Terrifying

The colour scheme on the Berghaus thing just looks normal in contrast, although the panelling is really rather odd.

I'd have to dissent from that being especially light or minimal mind, because it well isn't Getting on for 100g more than the Asgard smock say. I'd assume the jacket was closer?

The whole durability thing does confuse me a bit - OK maybe the membrane isn't as solidly protected as in pro shell. Isn't the outer fabric the major component for most damage? The stuff on this can't be too light. Dunno.

I'll see if I can find out whether other colour options are likely to be available, the red is bright in that orangey sort of way, but I quite like it...

You're right Jon. These bright colours are ace. When I've spent £300 on a jacket I want others to know that, and damaging their unsuspecting retina is the best way to do it.

I'd have to dissent from that being especially light or minimal mind, because it well isn't Getting on for 100g more than the Asgard smock say. I'd assume the jacket was closer?

Exactly 60g more than the Asgard Smock - 330g versus 270g - in a medium. I'd guess pretty much the same weight as the jacket. Logically a smock version would make more sense for weight saving, but arguably be slightly less versatile for general use.

Having used both fabrics, I'd say the advantage that Active Shell has is significantly better breathability rather than weight saving over Pro Shell. Paclite is lighter still, but a lot less breathable ime.