Thread: Talkback: Haglöfs - New For Autumn 2011

Looks well constructed and fairly priced, specially the merino...Bring on the warmth!

Especially for Haglofs, yes Well the Gore shells aren't precisely cheap (except the Endo) but they've not been for a bit, and least not continuing to go up tons.

Are the endo pants really ~500g? Seems like an awful lot given the fabric weight etc. Unless they're trying to be full trousers or something.

Any idea If the warm stuff is going to have the same cut as the current activeS stuff? That happens to fit me for some odd reason, so I'm vaguely hopeful here.

Not sure about the cut on the Warm Actives, wait and see I guess. Oops on the Endo Pants front, they are acually around 240g/215g for the Q, according to the workbooks, my mistake. Pricing? Haglöfs believes that their kit is well priced for what it is and say that on the continent, it's not perceived as being more expensive than other brands - all relative and their kit is consistently very well designed and made in my experience and 'value' is always a bit of a moving target depending on your priorities.

Widdler
    Reply from Haglofs:
    The cut on the Actives warm is very similar to the rest of the Actives range, it is designed as a base layer so needs to be close to the skin.
    You will find Gore Active shells in winter 11 ranging from around £150 to over £300 depending on the brand and style of jacket. The Endo is aimed for maximum breathability, so has no Gore fabric overlap (except on seams, which are tuck stitched)as the pocket is a soft shell so that the whole of the jacket can work. The build quality is what you should expect from Haglofs. The main differance as well as the way the jacket is built (fabric cut to keep seams to a minimum, tiny tape, glued hems etc ) is on the face fabric as not all face fabrics have the same durability and breathability, the one on the Endo is far more breathable than some others we have been fortunate to try out.
    Ditto for the other Gore shells Haglofs make as again when you chose a Pro shell fabric there are many to chose from, obviously those that are more durable becasue they contain cordura or those that have stretch are more expensive to buy from Gore in the first place so once they reach retail will cost more, but will most likely last longer, then again if you aren't wearing a back pack or harness for long periods you may not choose to buy jacket with these areas reinforced i.e Spitz.

Goon
    Don't like the look of the new barrier stuff so just bought a barrier hood in the sale as i rate the thermolite fabric highly. Already own the barrier jacket, never off my back, so just added to my year round insulation collection.Got it today and it packs down well the hooded version but the hood is a bit too big tbh for my small napper.