Thread: Talkback: First Look - Mountain Equipment Firefox Jacket

I have had the firefox for a couple of months with a size small weighing 262 grms A very nice jacket although the sizing is a bit different to a general M.E. jacket. I find the top of the arms/shoulders a bit tight compared to their other comparable jackets which may impact on the amount of layers you can comfortably have underneath in your usual sizing?. In theory a very good winter jacket with an excellent hood although I would probably stick to a Rab Demand or Oz for the warmer seasons> time will tell-

Comforting to find out that that quoted 299g wasn't just the product of a marketing department. It certainly looked really rather suspicious

The demand/momentum do seem like the obvious comparisons for this.

Goon

I ordered large firefox a few weeks ago (all my other ME kit is a large). Size was pretty good except it was tight under my arm pits. I sent it back. Ordered a XL to try and it was huge. Absolutely swamped by it. Sent it back.

Its a shame as it was cleary very well made, good weight, compact etc. In the blurb ( on the net) is states that it comes with a stuff sack for storage. Neither of the jackets I ordered did.

The jacket is 179 is quite a few places.

I am glad someone else has sussed that M.E has probably blown it Great potential jacket but the cut is just 'wrong' - why they couldn't have just used their usual pattern( even if it added 10 grms ish)? I think I tried it on several times with a variety of layer configs and like Phillip found the sizing not right.> I will find it hard to wear as I will probably end up pulling out either the oz/demand/halo or quickfire which are a far better cut? I also tried the size up which was far to long in all dimensions apart from across the shoulders> Still it looks nice in the wardrobe as a 'might have been'

It is a little snugger than the rest of their kit, and I definitely prefer the orange colour but it is a great jacket still. I use the Mica for walking but if I need to do any scrambling, the Firefox is in the bag instead.