Thread: Rab Batura Jacket

I bought a batura jacket last year mainly because I needed one and the kind bloke knocked £60 off. I got it for £240. It lives in my pack until summit time as it is to warm for anything else Oh! and it's great as a pillow. How does it compare to others?

Banned

wholesale Obama series shoes,nike shox,Kidrobot hoody,Affliction hoody,nike dunk,

hi,friend
    brower www.shoes159.com
    shoes great export foreign trade Co., Ltd www.shoes159.com leading supplier branded ipod,shoes,jeans,hoody,T-shirt and others in highest quality and very competitive price and fashionable styles. and All the shoes are 100% authentic and packed with original box. The tags and style code number is 100% correct.
    Either you arelarge wholesaler, or small business owner, we have customized programmers to suit your needs.
    we have many styles and serious.seller and looking forward to establishing long and reliable business relations with those serious buyers.
    msn [email protected]

hi,friend
    brower www.shoes159.com
    shoes great export foreign trade Co., Ltd www.shoes159.com leading supplier branded ipod,shoes,jeans,hoody,T-shirt and others in highest quality and very competitive price and fashionable styles. and All the shoes are 100% authentic and packed with original box. The tags and style code number is 100% correct.
    Either you arelarge wholesaler, or small business owner, we have customized programmers to suit your needs.
    we have many styles and serious.seller and looking forward to establishing long and reliable business relations with those serious buyers.
    msn [email protected]

hi,friend
    brower www.shoes159.com
    msn [email protected]

Banned
    fashion Air max 90,True religion shoes,Levi's jeans,AF hoody,Air max 91,UGG boot,
    hi,friend,
    welcome to our www.shoes159.com ,we offer jersey wholesale,nfl jersey wholesale,nba jersey wholesale,nba jerseys wholesale,nfl jersey china supplier,nfl jerseys china supplier,nba jerseys china supplier,nba jersey china supplier.reebok jerseys,nfl jersey made in korea,nfl jerseys china wholesaler,nba jersey china wholesaler,wholesale nfl jerseys ,jerseys wholesale,soccer jerseys,soccer jerseys,soccer jerseys china wholesaler,soccer jersey china wholesaler,nfl,nba,mlb,nhl,soccer jerseys,mlb jerseys,mlb jersey.nhl jersey.nhl jerseys,jerseys wholesale.wholesale jerseys.jerseys china supplier,jersey china supplier.jersey china wholesaler,jerseys china wholesaler,nfl jersey reebok brand,nfl jersey made in korea,nfl jersey korea supplier,
    msn [email protected]

Widdler

Hey Robbie

Where did u buy it from for 240 GBP?!?!!? Please email me asap to [email protected]

Your information would be very grateful as I am lookin to buy one immediately

Thanks

Antony

Place probably rather less relevant than the time - 7 years ago

I used to own one of the older, Sheffield, Batura jackets and loved it. Jackets with good quality down filling and a fully waterproof, taped outer shell are rare indeed, but there are some others out there. However, many have drawbacks, mainly cost...

RAB - Microlight Alpine Event (£200 ish) or newer version of the Summit Batura (£300+)both have down insulation and fully waterproofed seams. The Alpine Event is super light, packabe but simply no where near as warm as the old Batura. The Summit Batura will be similar in warmth to the older Batura, but my own, personal feeling is that the outer fabric is not as good (less robust) than the fabric used on the older Baturas and the 'weatherproof' zippers are more likely to fail. They also changed the cut a few years back and I can't get on with the new, shorter body length.

PHD - their Yukon or Icefall jackets will be close on warmth, their Arctic or Omega jackets will beat even the old Batura into a cocked hat! OK, so the Yukon does not have taped seams but it can be made with a Gore-Tex outer (if you hunt about, or ask them sweetly) and this, as I have found, is good enough for all but prolonged use in driving rain. The Yukon's hood is not as big as the Batura's so not really good for climbing helmets etc. I have used my Icefall (I got one down with Gore-Tex outer) in rain, sleet and snow and it never leaked. Perhaps the stitch-through down filling is a fraction less insulation than the Batura's boxed wall but mine has been good for me down to -20'C. I also prefer the separate hood and collar to the 'grown on' ones that Baturas have.

If you really want massive warmth and waterproofing then think about PHD Arctic, orpossibly the Omega. I have used my brother's 'standard' Arctic with Gore-Tex Taslan outer several times and it is the mutts nuts - more down and warmer than a Batura, longer cut to cover your bum, better insulated pockets than the Batura and another very comfortable hood / collar combo. A couple of years ago Peter made me a special, smock version of this which I have used while husky sledding down to -40'C so great for low energy activities. I've also got one of their Omegas but this has hardly been used - it is too warm!

PHD also have a Gore-Tex version of their Zeta Belay jacket in their 'Bargain Box' if you're after something more climbing specific. Never used on myself, but have seen them being used and they seem to work well. Oh, and they look great!

James

I just ordered a Crux Magma for this use, it has 225g of down, I am going to team it up with a PHD ULtra Pullover and Down Balaclava I have already.

I am not sure if they will be warmer than theBatura, will be a bit lighter though.