Thread: Musical tents - Exped Vela 2 swap?

Widdler
    Hello Folks

Not posted for a while. Swapped my Hex 3 for a Exped Vela 2 Extreme with Mike fae Dundee last May.

Think both of us got a good deal; Mike seems to have enjoyed the Hex from his posts on here and the Vela has been a much better tent for my needs than the Hex.

However, I've barely used it, 4 times in the last year, perhaps!

Wonderful tent as it is (perfect attention to detail - very clever design - great quality of material etc etc), I'd like to swap it for something different.

My Vela 2 Extreme is in very good used condition, everything present, no rips or tears. The quality of Exped tents must be in the hilleberg, terra nova league...? I certainly didn't regret swapping my Hex for it.

I have a cute little force ten single man for backpacking, so now hanker after a winter (well, March/April) tent.

So anyone fancy another swap with me? Ideally I want a Force Ten Baltoro.

If you have a winter tent that ain't getting used due to weight etc, the vela might be a better fit as a backpacking tent for two?

As before, would prefer to meet a prospective swapee to check condition of tents etc. I'm in central scotland.

Cheers

Assynt

Awright mate?

I hardly used it either, so it should be in great nick. Quality 2 man tent. Especially for tall folks, with its 8 foot inner tent.

Widdler

Hi Mike

yes not bad mate - been reading your posts and looks like you got some good use from the Hex anyway.

In the same nick as when we swapped to be honest. Shame not to use such a good tent, but any car camping I've done has been with my Vango tunnel tent and any backpacking with my Force ten one man.

Best thing about the vela is the attention to detail they have put in, and the decent size for the weight.

Cheers

Assynt