Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Gaynor Sports, Ambleside

‹bermensch
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike fae Dundee View Post
    These single post 'happy customers' are enough to stop me buying from Gaynors again.
    absolutely. If I were more cynical, I'd suspect they'd registered on here purely to praise a company in whom they had a vested interest.

Do you think so?

Lucky i'm not cynical.

Widdler
    I read some of this thread prior to buying from Gaynors, as I wasnt in any rush for my purchase. So I was very happy and surprised when my jacket arrived the following day! Juat thought I would add this as maybe they are getting better or maybe I was just lucky!?! Either way I was very happy with price and service!

‹bermensch

Widdler
    First time I ever ordered form Gaynors sports was February 2012. My experience was great communication and prompt delivery. I will be recommending them to others. Unfortunately I think if a company does make a few mistakes a long the way people make it known and lot of people who have had a good experience don't bother leaving positive feed back this is why I took the time to write this.

I buy regularly from them. They stock a good range of Adidas gear. I really like Adidas's new outdoor stuff. Always excellent service from them.

I regularly go on websites and pretend to be a customer for my company and say I'm having such great service that I just have to log onto forums just to make one post about this company,....

Widdler
    was in the shop last week and found the staff to be very helpful and polite with good knowledge although the assistant manager was rather unhelful, she was to busy scowling and moving things to talk to me , apart from that fantastic shop

Widdler
    Fantasic! Good communication via e-mails, prompt delivery, good quality product for less than other online stores. I cannot fault them. Five star service

Quote Originally Posted by Shuggy MacShoogle View Post
    These single post 'happy customers' are enough to stop me buying from Gaynors again.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but has this thread received more single post happy customers than any other thread on OM?

Incidentally, I've no gripes with Gaynors. I often pop my head round the door when I'm in Ambleside, and sometimes I even buy stuff there. Never even looked at their website, so I can't comment.

But all these one-off posts... there has to be some driving force behind them!

As a long standing and very respected member of OM i'll happily write a load of nice stuff about them if they send me a free Neoair short.

Widdler

I cant complain about them at all.

Yesterday I bought two jackets from there online store. Within minutes I received email confirmation of my order. Two hours later I got an email confirming my order had been shipped which included tracking details.

Today the jackets arrived.

Initiate

I followed the link on the flask thread (s) that most people recommended and consequently ordered one from Gaynor's at the weekend and also a bargain camping table and it arrived today. I am very happy with their communication and prompt delivery.

Goon

Hadn't realised about all these previous problems -- I ordered some stuff recently ( they had some very good reductions) and received them today. Prompt, efficient and well priced - can't complain!

The problems date back to 2008 when I started the thread, plenty of happy customers since then

Widdler

Ordered a pair of boots from them last week to be collected from the Ambleside Store. Arranged a week in lakes and made special trip to Ambleside on Sunday to collect them only to be told that they had been sent to the store and then requested back by the warehouse as I must have asked them to do that !!!

Informed them that I had not made contact since original order and was then informed the shop had nothing to do with the online site and given a number to call on Monday morning when the online site office was open.

After having an equally stupid conversation with Natalie I was informed she would call me back which she did to inform me that the boots were being sent back to Ambleside and would be available for collection today (Tuesday). Having stated that I lived on the East coast and would be working Tuesday she then said she would speak to her manager about getting them sent to my home address and phone me back to confirm. As no call was received I phoned again and she answered to say they had been despatched to my home address and would be there by Tuesday morning.

Now 5.10pm and the Online phone number not being answered and no delivery of boots.

Wish I had seen this site before ordering as would have saved money and also wouldnt have wasted a few hours going to Gaynor Sports at Ambleside.

Will await a response from Gaynors but won't hold my breath and definitely will not be using their poor services again.

Ordered shoes from Gaynors before and never had a problem (never really had a problem with any online ordering from any outdoors company, to be honest, with the occasional exception - I could name many stores I've had great service from!) Very helpful staff in store as well.

Of course while I can understand Unhappy's unhappiness (!!) any store can and will make mistakes. I do hope you get things sorted Unhappy

Widdler

It's always annoying when things go wrong but it's how a store deals with problems that sets them apart, mistakes do happen but keeping the customer up to speed whilst dealing with your complaint is paramount to any successful business

This isn't a one-off post.

I've bought stuff from Gaynors on the odd occasion, always had reasonable, if cursory, service in the shop. It helps if you go in well informed and don't expect too much in the way of advice. If you do, you can grab some bargains.

I used their website for the first time last month. The shoes I wanted were out of stock in my size, so I sent a query about restocking. The reply took four or five days, but was accurate about the date by which stock would be received. When I ordered, the shoes arrived promptly. I didn't like the fit, returned them and was refunded the day Gaynors received them.