Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gaynor Sports, Ambleside

Quote Originally Posted by Glyn View Post

you know... them.

Widdler

I was looking for a particular Berghaus jacket and Gaynors were offering the best internet price. I placed my order before findingthis thread otherwise I would probably have been scared off!

I have to say however that I received exemplary service. The jacket arrived, exactly as ordered, the day after I placed the order. Perhaps their problems are now behind them?

Their delivery charges are on the steep side but offset by the excellent prices.

One of my sons has just bought a Golite Ion sack from Gaynors. It arrived this Thursday, no trouble at all.

Widdler
    I ordered from them yesterday. Received new pair of walking boots this morning. No problem. Didn't receive the confirmation email, but they answered the phone the moment I called also.

yeah i bought some salefootwear from them last week. arrived next day. no e-mail saying they were sent but super quick so i'd use them again.

I've never used gaynors, i didn't know they had such a bad rep, i just hate there website. Doesn't allow me to use back button to get back to home page, it sticks on there site. Also if googleing an item and its a gaynors link, it doesn't go direct to the googled item but to there main page.. bad websites always put me of.

I started this thread in December 2008, nearly 18 months ago, so Gaynors have had plenty of time to sort out their mail order business and to be fair to them, it appears that they have.

I'd hate to think people are only reading the first few posts of this thread and jumping to the wrong conclusions.

If there was something I wanted to order form them, I'd be happy to do so based on the number of positive experiences people seem to be having.

fair comment MoS, i never noticed the thread start date

Widdler

Me and my wife debated about buying from Gaynors based on bad reviews, she didn't want to take the risk. But given there are more way more good reviews than bad ones that I could find out there I thought it was worth therisk.

Anyway, ordered on Friday Vango Tigris 600 with Tunnel Extension inc. next working day delivery still came in cheaper than the next best price for the tent only that I could find. Well low and behold tent gets delivered on Monday and I've only been charged once.

You can't say fairer than that! I got email confirmation that order had been placed but no email to say that the tent was out for deliverybut hey, with savings of that sort I don't mind!

As far as I'm concerned Gaynors are fantastic and I will easily shop here again. No I have to go make good use of these bragging rights I won

Widdler
    I debated whether to buy from Gaynors after finding this thread, but I also found some good reviews so decided to risk it. You are right MoS they certainly have sorted themselves out! The price of the Berghaus coat and Merrell hiking shoes I wanted were just too good to pass up (combined they were £100 cheaper than any other price I could find online). I ordered them and they arrived the next day. Cheapest prices I have found on a lot of goods and next day delivery, brilliant!!

Widdler
    I have had great service. Ordered a pair of Merrell size 9's, my usual size. When they arrived they were noticeably smaller than my old pair. I called and a air of size 9.5's arrived very next day.
    They even refunded my return postage.
    All quick, perfect customer service.

Steve, Sussex

Widdler

Anyone got any experience with these chaps recently (last 6 months), what do you think? I see they were quite poor a couple of years ago, and some of the posts in this thread seem dodgy, new accounts created just to big-up Gaynors? My a**e they're legit customers! So anyone else able to shed some light on this company for me please?

Thanks!

A mate ordered a TNF jacket from them a couple of weeks ago. Cheapest price anywhere, and although they didnt have it in the mail order dept, the shop sent it and he had it within 48hrs. Couldnt really complain about that!

Widdler

I ordered from them last week - bit dissapointed though.

I thought it was good that they had stock level indicators and saw the sleeping bag thatI wanted was available so went ahead with the order with a hint of excitement.

Theycontacted me a few days later saying they couldn't find the bag - gutted!

I phoned back the next day speaking to frosty the snow woman who sharply told that the order had been cancelled.

The sleeping bag is still marked as available on the website - Why do they do that? So annoying!

I guess my main gripe is with the website being missleading but I will add a refund was made pretty fast.

Widdler

I've worked out that I've spent just short of £750 with them over the last 12 months!

I really mustn't let the missus read this post . . . . .

I've not had any problems at all, stuff has always arrived in a few days (often next day) and I like the fact I can get trousers etc in short leg lengths.

I would like them to do a free delivery offer once in a while as I've spent £36 on delivery in total, but that is about it in terms of downsides.

Yes, i've ordered a few times over the last 6 months and had excellent service.

Although its all been for the kids, none for me.

Widdler
    Good price, next day delivery. No complaints at all.

Widdler
    I bought two items from Gaynors this month which were delivered as promised the next day. I saved £££'s and would definately buy from them again.

These single post 'happy customers' are enough to stop me buying from Gaynors again.

Ultra King
    I ordered some Craghopper Kiwi trousers from them some years ago. They sent me the zip off leg version which I detest. I phoned them but the snappy woman I spoke to couldn't see any problem as they had supplied me with a more expensive pair of trousers of the right make and colour at the price of those ordered. For once I gave up but I've never even considered looking at their website ever since.