Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gaynor Sports, Ambleside

Always worth a look at the Outdoor Shop at Stony Stratford clicky

Their prices are keen, they have special offers on most times, and they have without exception provided me with next-day delivery - and I live nowhere near them.

I was put onto them years back by Evil Darren - whatever happened to him?

Widdler

OK here's my shortlist:

ME Lightline £150 (Old model) - Taunton Leisure/ The Outdoor Shop

ME Xero 350 £160 - Sports Direct

Cumulus Q350 £200 - Adventure Centre

Rab Quantum 400 £196 - Planet Fear

Widdler

OK my decision was made.....I went for the Cumulus Quantum 350. Bought from the very good Adventure Centre in Warrington.This weighs in at 665g and rates about -6 C. £200, with a bit of discount. Stuff sac was incredibly small and its a battle to pack away, so I opted to buy a Sea to Summit ultralight stuff sac which is excellent.

I have just spent one night ina Jupiter bivis in heavy rain and gales and so far is excellent. There is a differential fill so less down underneath so you just need to have a wriggle about to optimise the position as I sleep in a foetal position usually.

Was in their shop in Ambleside a few weeks ago and there was a pain in the ass selling a girl a totally inappropriate waterproof jacket

Widdler
    Hello May I say since then the customer Service of Gaynors is excellent! They have deffinitely improved since 05/2009, they had only had the new mail order department sinve beginning of December 2008. Everyone has their bad patches and Gaynors has deffinitelybeen through and sorted it out!! Excellent quick service everytime! They may have one or two glitches but who doesn't!!

Goon
    Blimey. Glad i didn't see this thread last week! Just received pair of shoes and Golite sack from them in double quick time. They must have read this thread is all i can think.

‹bermensch The Tallest of Paul's's Avatar

Yeah I ordered some half price walking shoes and they turned up within a couple of days no worries.

Unlike these gits

http://neoutdoor.co.uk/

I ordered something -them showing stock- i pay for it. Then an hour later they send you an e-mail proclaiming there a small family store so orders may take up to 14 days to process..

Got their blind grandfarther on the posting or what!!

Its the usual get the order get the stockin afterwards scam so they cam keep their overheads down. Meanwhile I wait twiddling my thumbs. Luckily I dont needmy order for a couple of weeks

BUNCH OFWINKERS!!!

Widdler

I have ordered from Gaynors proabably half a dozen times and had superb service each time.

Jacket ordered for a friend last week arrived in 2 days.

Maybe I've just been lucky!

Quote Originally Posted by Jo Bates View Post
    Hello May I say since then the customer Service of Gaynors is excellent! They have deffinitely improved since 05/2009, they had only had the new mail order department sinve beginning of December 2008. Everyone has their bad patches and Gaynors has deffinitelybeen through and sorted it out!! Excellent quick service everytime! They may have one or two glitches but who doesn't!!
    Inside knowledge Jo?

Mini Goon
    I had good service from them over the summer too. As another poster said, I think they've realised they had problems and have sorted them out.

Widdler
    Gaynors - - tried 9 times to order a jacket - 7 times the order failed to go through and twice they took the money but it wasnt linked to an order - I'm told it will take 5 days for the money to go back onto my card - I'm still waiting!

Widdler

Gaynors is still an absolute shambles, don't touch them with a barge pole. I can understand stocking or supply issues but not answering phones or emails is just downright rude....aspecially if they have already taken your money....which they certainly have in my case.

As for the post saying that it's all been sorted out, I wonder if that was an 'inside job'....hmmm let me think!

I used them the week before Chistmas. I was a bit wary on account of this thread, but the price was too good to resist (apart from the rather steep delivery charge, no option but £5.95 for next-day courier). Anyway, the website gave me an order number, no email communication whatsoever appeared to confirm things any further or report dispatch etc., but the goods duly turned up 24 hours later. So, certainly not the slickest web operation, but by no means all bad either.

Initiate
    I used them for a primus eta express no problem

Goon
    I look on their web site, then use my bus pass to go to the shop, means three bus changes but saves the postage and I don't have to worrygetting done for parking and I can enjoy the scenery. and yes I have had some good stuff off them in the past. Same goes for the new "GO" shop in Newcastle, two hours on the bus, an hour in the shop, a couple of pints in Newcastle, try and see if they haveleft any of the town as it was and then back home.

Widdler

I was a bit worried after ordering my backpack at 5pm on the Monday as I started to read all the bad reviews.

I thought if nothing by the end of the week then I would contact them however, Wednesday at 12pm my bag arrived. Perfect condition, very happy.

Cannot fault the website, service and delivery at all. Most importnatly the price was unbelievable. All shops were after £100+ and with delivery charges I paid a mere £65.

Excellent

Ultra King
    I never pay the delivery charge from Gaynors I prefer the drive up in person to get stuff from them.Personally I would never buy online from a company like Gaynors even if I lived miles away. I don't trust shops like them.

I ordered 3 items online on Saturday. I changed my mind and cancelled one of the items by phone on Monday. The other two itemswere stillsent on Monday.They arrived in Belgium by FedEx Wednesday. Can't complain about that and the prices for the items and fordelivery were the best I found on the web.

I have noconnection with Gaynors. That was my experience. Must admit I had missedthe bad service threads otherwise I might not have ordered!

Quote Originally Posted by Time to go View Post
    .... Personally I would never buy online from a company like Gaynors even if I lived miles away. I don't trust shops like them.
    I'm puzzled by that statement TTG - company / shops like what exactly?

‹bermensch

you know... them.