Thread: Any rafters out there? Rafting bag survey

Widdler
    Hi,
    My name is Johan Karlsson and I'm currently doing my masters exam work in Industrial Design. I've done some rafting, but would consider myself a beginner and therefore I need you help with filling out a short survey.

The project I'm thinking of doing would be a rafting-essentials-bag. A small bag that could contain or hold rafting/survival/emergency gear and be worn on yourself somehow. The gear within the bag would be specificly designed with rafters in mind, to best fit rafters foremost.
    Please help me out with my exam work by filling in my survey: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...Mbkk9Zjg_3d_3d
    Thank You for helping me out!
    /Johan Karlsson

Sorry Johan, I've never been rafting (except for some dodgy branches tied together, that didnt work), so cannot be of any help with your survey.

Good luck with your Masters though.

If you want a super fast raft I may be able to help. I entered a race with mine in Orkney one year and it went round the course embarrasingly quickly

Err, I went round the course and was home and dry before the secon place raft was even a quarter of the way round

I shall try a go there Johan, I like your surveys a lot.

Good survey idea there Johan! Good little tackled subject matter too! It is indeed exactly the sort of kit that the father and doctor son pair rafting in Alaska in the US, could much have done with, when they lost both all their kit and their raft there in an accident one year - as portrayedin a thrilling survival story recently on tv, in the true life survival tales show Alive on Channel 4.

Just a thought there maybe, Johan. But the term 'rafting' does mean in fact different things to different people. Did you in fact mean plain river rafting that a lot of folks worldide do, or the similar adventure travel rafting like on the Amazon in South America? Or were you primarily intending to mean the more sort of wild water 'white water' variety of more organised team rafting, in the big rubber boats there, where everyone is head to waist covered by safety kit. It may well make a difference to what your final design look will be. At the moment you will have folks replying with answers covering all ofthe various multitude of world rafting disciplines there, rather thanone specific type of outdoors rafting activity.