Thread: Beinn a' Bheithir

Sorry to point it out but Sgorr Bhan is not a Munro.

However it is a cracking route

Although I didn't realise it was a grade 1/2 scramble

Oooops sorry Frank, my mistake. I was going off the height and didnt have my Munro tables with me in Ireland. I had initially put only the other two down as Munros, but when rechecking the heights thought I'd missed it. The first route is a grade 1, the alternative route is the grade 2.

Glad you liked the route though, which is the important bit.....I'll edit the text when Jon gets back tomorrow.

Banned
    Looks great, got to get back into scrambling, especially the winter side.

Must get 2weeks in scotland and hope for snow this winter

Widdler
    My missus and I did the two Munro's using a route from the SMC's 'Munro's' CD-Rom, i.e. from Gleann a Chaolais up through the forest breaking onto the western ridge of Sgorr Dhonuill (a rather entertaining scramble up steep,unstable scree) traversing the mountain and then down to the bealach; a quick 'leg it' up and down Sgorr Dearg, returning through the forest from the bealach. A magnificent mountain which had everything - great views, airy exposure with a bit of excitement(!) and it rewards you with that 'what a good day' feeling when you get back to the car.

Last hill I climbed with long hair, so that was nearly ten years ago. Mmmmmffff.
    The scramble up the ridge is great fun, lots of short steep sections, good rock on a dry day, great views out to sea.

Women Nike Dunk High Women Nike Dunk High
    Cheap Women Nike Dunk SB LowI went to three cities to play during last summer holidays. They are Beijing, Dalian and HuHehot. I went to Beijing more than eight times. Beijing is the capital of China. It?s a big city. I am very familiar with Beijing. It takes an hour and forty minutes from Nantong to Beijing by plane. There are many tall buildings in Beijing. It?s a modern city. My family visited the Great Wall, the Summer Palace, the Palace Museum, the Beihai Park, the Space Museum, etc. I went to the countryside of Beijing to go boating and fishing. It was very interesting. I went shopping in WangFuJing. I bought lots of souvenirs and other things. I like eating Beijing snacks. They are delicious. Don?t miss Beijing Duck. It is really nice. Dalian is a beautiful city. Dalian is close to Beijing. I spent 5o minutes on the plane. Dalian is near the sea. I smelled the salt in the air. The roads are clean. There are lots of trees and flowers near the roads. There are many esplanades and Japanese buildings. There are some fountains in one of the esplanades. Some people flew kites and walked on the esplanades. We went to see the beach and the sea. The sea is blue. There were many swimmers in the sea. I lay on the beach to see the sky. Dalian is a very nice place to live in. Huhehot is in Inner Mongol. There are lots of large grasslands. The grasslands are endless. The sky is bright blue. There were a lot of horses and sheep. They were running or eating grass. I rode a horse on the grassland. I picked some colourful flowers. We drank tea with milk. There is a small desert, it was very hot when I walked on it. The sand could sing. These trips helped me open my eyes. I enjoyed my day. Women Nike Dunk Low

Mini Goon
    We did the horseshoe from the Creag Ghorm side (over Creag Ghorm, Sghorr Dhonuill, Sgorr Dhearg, then down the ridge to Ballachulish). Took us hours. Bloody plantation. Fantastic ridge once you're up there, though.