Thread: Rab Polartec pull on fleece

Mini Goon
    Im looking for a new pull on fleece, for not a lot of money which is a bit thicker than my current one, and have come across the rab polartec 200 pull on one a few times for £25 (- the 10% discount) on field and trek.
    Has anyone got one of these? whats the fit like? and does it have an adjustable hem?

Alternatively, can anyone suggest other 200 weightish fleeces around the same price, both online and in stores (bear in mind i live fairly close to freeport and the 2 leeds TKMaxx's)

I tried one the Rab fleeces on a couple of days ago in F&T, they are just a basic fleece with lycra around the wrists and hem, zip neck, the hem is not adjustable.

I found the arm length long and wanted to compare the next size down and as per usual they didnt have it in the colour i tried, so i left it.

I would say they are okay for £25 if you can put up with the boring all one colours.

I got one on the Rab 200 weight fleeces - just over £21 with the extra 15% off discount so good value.

Seems a pretty nice (warm / comfortable) but 'standard' fleece - I usually wear size M/L but got L so it would be easier to 'pull on' and it's not too baggy.

Tried one on in F&T and had it fitted I might have bought one at the price. Construction quality was okay but nothing special and the stuck on rather than embroidered badge looks cheap and nasty. An XL fitted me round the waist and just about over the chest, but it wasn't broad enough over the shoulders whilst being okay in terms of arm length and the collar was ridiculously tight for the size. The fabric's good, but the design is basic and in my opinion the cut is badly thought out.

I would say that the construction quality was fine - i.e. no better / worse than other fleece I have bought at around £35-45.

But they *are* only £21 with the 15% extra discount.

The fit is fine (for me) - but obviously that's no good if they don't fit *your* particular body shape.

As I said before I would probably recommend buying the size larger than you normally wear as pull-on's are harder to pull-on than full zip fleece.

Super Moderator captain paranoia's Avatar
    Certainly have a look in TK Maxx. I've seen Regatta Polartec fleeces in mine recently for £9.

What's your current fleece? Then we can judge whether others are thicker...

Not many pullovers have adjustable hems.

Mini Goon
    berghaus spectrum hz 100 awl thingymo bob. Went to my TKMaxx and saw the regatta stuff, but was only stupid sizes left.