Thread: Ice cave climbing in Iceland

Ice cave climbing in Iceland

Hi all,

My wife and I are off to Iceland for a road trip at the end of May. I was wondering if somebody here has some experiences to share about ice cave climbing. I really don't want to miss out on this one. Tipps and recommendations are very welcome. Thanks!

All best,
    Lukas

If you are going first time your experience would be amazing, good luck

I am certain that is very adventurous and offers a lot that a traveler would love to do! In my opinion all these places do keep an outcome and in the particular way tourism becomes a lot of fun when it comes to applying on it and getting the best through it. This idea would surely work!

Widdler
    There are many great places in Iceland for ice cave climbing, which part of Iceland did you travel to? Some suggestions are: Vatnajokull (largest glacier in Europe) in South East Iceland, and Langjokull (second largest) in South West Iceland.

Man that sounds amazing. Hope we get a report on how your trip went!
    Scott M.
    " In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks" John Muir
    BestSurvival

Widdler
    This is just my drean for the moment! I would love to go to Iceland, I was in Norway in 2009, it is a really beautiful country, I like northern countries.

Hello Lukas the ice cave season in Iceland is rather short from November to March. Outside of that season it can be dangerous to go into the caves because they can collapse which is, well, dangerous

Ice cave climbing in Iceland

Hey,Looking to buy new boots for the ice climbing season... any suggestions?? any pro's and con's of boots you have worn would be great to help me decide.