Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: No comment

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Hurst View Post
    My take is that the continued decline of OM is not down to any individual, but has been caused by the indifference or incompetence of the site owners. It did show minor signs of revival when the new lot took over, but they seem to have lost whatever interest in it they had. They rarely do anything or take decisions, and those changes they do make either make little difference or are just bad.
    Oh, really. Well you've changed your tune then on this as previously you were always very vocal indeed in placing the blame directly and squarely at my door, with me for the decline in OM, Glyn. I am glad you saw sense and finally saw just how silly an idea that was to begin with.
    Trevor DC Gamble

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    Its not a witch hunt Paul. He was asked not to swamp the forum, it was also suggested he create a thread for his links so they are all in one place. He chose not to do this but instead plays the victim card. I get the idea he enjoys the attention. He is not keeping the forum alive, he has turned it into a one man show. There is no need for for that. Like I said, why not have a Trevor thread, like Bennachie or Windy, so its all in one place.

Rant over.
    Yes it is certainly seeming like a rant, isn't it just. I did all of that I was asked to actually, Taz. I have my own handful of designated threads on various different subjects that I regularly update stuff to; and I post a lot less to them and other threads than I ever previously did do before ever, but still seemingly this is not good enough for the likes of you. I actually start very few new threads, but if I do then it is almost exclusively in the Soapbox section alone. Yet, still you rush to complain long and hard anew, and throw personal stones at me along with a few others. Maybe you just got in the bad habit of doing that so now continue to do so without thinking, who knows? Well it is all much more about personal choices and personal freedoms as I see it, now really. There are folks that like to tell others here what they can and cannot do, in their opinion. It is their way or the highway, and they want to decide for others what others can be freely doing, by deciding for them what is right and what is not; and by trying to dictate everything according to their terms, to tell you when you can jump and how high that should be. That is not freedom, but the exact opposite of that, it is a form of dictatorship in fact.
    Last edited by Trevor DC Gamble; 01-04-2017 at 03:23 PM.
    Trevor DC Gamble

Quote Originally Posted by Glyn View Post
    Does anyone actually read anything he posts?

It's pathetic - screaming 'Bully!' just because someone points out how ridiculous it's become. Clearly someone with too much time on his hands.
    No, I have not 'screamed' bully but merely said it for exactly what it basically is that has been happening here, and that you've personally chosen to take a more than active leading part or role in. All despite your attempts to justify it or camouflage it in a thinly veiled manner for what it actually really is. Nor have I likewise gone rushing to OM Central to complain, nor passed the bullying I have witnessed, and been subjected to here by a very sad few individuals to any kind of higher authority as perhaps others would have done so; after considering it has been going on here for a long time - there are many threads and individual posts detailing it here for the record since I rejoined the forum some year and a half ago. Even though that is certainly most definitely a serious infringement of the forum rules here, and now too against British law even for that matter as well it should be noted. You are another one like Taz here seemingly that likes to try to put words in other people's mouths! As the other day on the forum she tried to claim I was complaining about the decline of the forum, when all I was really doing was stating the sad obvious unfortunate fact of the matter and my disappointment in the such.
    Last edited by Trevor DC Gamble; 01-04-2017 at 03:13 PM.
    Trevor DC Gamble

Quote Originally Posted by Diddi View Post
    Trev why not do one for a while and give other people's post & threads a chance to be read or even answered before the usual bombardment of old threads or irrelevant threads really not interesting to most folk ( or they would reply or join in which they dont you just talk to yourself)....
    There said it .....
    I'm with Glyn and everything he says... as for bullying well grow a pair !!

Hiya, Diddy. As I say I take it full on the chin every time, and turn the other cheek also to be completely honest with you in all of this. It has been escalating a lot more again of lately though, you obviously have not noticed. There are very many various different types of threads on here as you well know, and a fair few of them I am talking to others on in fact. So sorry if you did not realise that which is obvious from your comment. It is easily checkable as a fact in past posts of recent should you feel the need to. I post how I post basically, and this can mean days where I post nothing at all, days where I post very little and days when I post much. All according to what I decide I want to be doing. I have often said, and others too have stated here, that you do not have to read others posts if you don't want to and you can simply ignore them completely as your right. Or similarly use the ignore member function and choose not ever even to see anything I post if you so wish to do so. But what I think people should not be doing is come on here dictating to people what they can or cannot do! If you do decide to do that then you must, in choosing to exercise that 'right of rule of might' then fully expect the person being pilloried to seek some form of right of reply to the allegations and accusations being made against them.

So you are with Glyn, and with 'everything he says' then are you? Seriously? Do you not form opinions of your own these days then, like you once used to? Just want to run along with the mob in the street do you? How sad. You used to be someone on here that I greatly respected and looked up to.
    Last edited by Trevor DC Gamble; 01-04-2017 at 02:25 PM.
    Trevor DC Gamble

Quote Originally Posted by The Tallest of Paul's View Post
    Leave the guy alone everyone for fucks sake. This forum was almost dead before trevor came back and the take over just killed it. All he's done since is try too keep it alive. Yeah it's all his posts but if it wasnt for his posts there would be nothing wouldn't there...?

the forum was a laugh, now its unusable. period. Its bolloxed. Gone.

but please dont turn this into a witch hunt, remember its a PERSON your talking about- what your saying can seriously hurt them.

So why not do something else. Take up knitting perhaps.

Thanks for attempting to speak out here above in all of this for myself. But please do not bother on my behalf, since I would not like it in the case of the likes of these such type of person should turn their bad intentions and attention to yourself afterwards; because of your trying to speak out when you see something unjust and unfair being perpetrated against somebody, ok! Again many thanks for the kind thoughts though in the matter. I appreciated it anyways.
    Last edited by Trevor DC Gamble; 01-04-2017 at 03:23 PM.
    Trevor DC Gamble

Quote Originally Posted by Glyn View Post
    oooh, all big and sweary!

...as for the 'it's a PERSON' bollocks, I think you'll find our Trevor's skin is thicker than a Rhino's

Well, if you really seriously believe that then I think there may well be something very seriously wrong with your heart there then! I'm saying heart there meaning a clearly displayed meanness of heart really I suppose in essence. I wanted to write brain instead, but then you might misconstrue the meaning. Actually, truth be told this has affected me a very great deal, both health wise and otherwise in fact to be perfectly honest with you, Glyn. Quite possibly as it has been going on now for such a very fairly sustained long amount of time really. As evidenced by the many threads and individual posts containing direct attacks upon me placed upon the forum since I returned here just over a year and a half or so back ago, in which it must be stated that you have decided/chosen to take a more than active leading role. It ebbs and flows a bit, with definite spikes in the intensity of the attack upon me, but is othwise fairly constant.

I've made no secret of the fact, writing openly and honestly often on here about it, that I am a chronic long term sufferer of poor mental health in being that I am actually a sufferer of Bi-Polar Disorder. And too similarly declaring on here openly as well quite a few times that I am diagnosed as being on the Autistic Spectrum with classic Asperger's Syndrome too as well even. So yes, all of this has impacted negatively on those two particular things greatly in fact, thank you. None of these many here mentioned things then should actually therefore really come as that much of a surprise to you then in that case, many might well feel and say. You know exactly what you're doing in what you are doing here in that case, many would likely think and openly say. I think you like it that it is a declared open season on Trevor on here. In fact you have done all you can in what you've said and they way you've said it, to actively encourage it I believe. And consistently so it must be said.
    Last edited by Trevor DC Gamble; 01-04-2017 at 03:30 PM.
    Trevor DC Gamble

‹bermensch
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor DC Gamble View Post
    Glyn. I am glad you saw sense and finally saw just how silly an idea that was to begin with.
    What are you talking about?

‹bermensch The Tallest of Paul's's Avatar
    i am big. and your right i was sweary, i was also a bit drunk..

i dunno . it was good on here, and now it isnt.

‹bermensch
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tallest of Paul's View Post
    i am big. and your right i was sweary, i was also a bit drunk..

i dunno . it was good on here, and now it isnt.
    do you know any good knitting forums btw?

global_warming_proof-391120.jpg

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    Not quite, one person is still very much determined to make this a one man show, then complains about the forum's lack of popularity, that and the fact that the new forum is imo a lot worse than the old forum regarding just about everything (sight navigation, page layout, great big banner ad, needing to sign in thru social media to comment on articles etc etc)

I very much miss the daily friendly banter.
    Me too - and I have only made contact with a few of the people I met through here...

Its always sad when an online community dies. Like with usenet in earlier times and so on.

And they really do have limited lifespans. The nature of the beast I suppose. Maybe the sociologists will have it taped in a few decades

Mini Goon
    It's also sad when a community is hogtied and incapable of reaching a democratic solution to their problems.
    The forum platform is crap, granted. But so many members are pointing at one particular issue for the drop in traffic yet the moderators seem to be powerless to intervene.
    If one person is spoiling things for the many then the moderators should deal with the issue. The solution is just a mouse click away....

‹bermensch
    It is true that some of the most knowledgeable and interesting posters such as Captain Paranoia, Parky and Paddy Dillon seem to have left the forum and it no longer as interesting and lively as it once was. But I believe that it is wrong to blame one member just because he contributes so many posts. Some people are more sensitive to criticism than others and I believe that the harshness and vulgarity expressed by some is unwarranted on a friendly forum, and and to resort to obscene language to get over a point of view suggests a paucity of expression. If Trevor is happy in doing his own thing, let's indulge him.

And remember, you don't have to read every post!

Hugh

Well, this forum moderator has been left high and dry by Outdoors Magic. I've tried every way to contact Outdoors Magic, Jon Doran and Ed but have had no reply. There are bigger problems than squabbling over Trevor's posts, which has left this Forum virtually unusable by myself and the other member moderator. I don't really feel inclined to get involved in squabbles about Trevor damaging the Forum when the Forum's being damaged by the total disinterest of OM's new owners.

I , like many others have moved regular reading to Treklite. This is partially because I have found Trevors constant bombardment irritating but for ages I was unable to get logged back into this site for no apparent reason so migrated to a site I where I could join in.

This forum is as dead as Yorick, if someone wants to hold its skull and mistake perpetual soliloquy for conversation then so be it. The rest of it is still dead and buried.