Thread: Peak District pods

Widdler

Peak District pods

Looking to spend a couple of days up in the Peak District later this month and was looking at Peak Pods.
    Anyone used them/recommend them?
    The GF would like some home comforts for a change as our last two UK trips have been wild camps, so I admit I do owe her this!
    There are a few of these around the area but most seem to be either closed until Feb/March or are only open weekends.

Cheers

Widdler
    Well, went to this place in Alport. Very impressed and it was a a great location to walk from for our walk along Lathkill Dale.
    Just a couple of miles south of Bakewell. Quiet location not too far from the owner's farm and two other pods in the field placed so that there is privacy. Only need to bring your own food, everything else provided, including Bluetooth speakers in the ceiling... Recommended!

Widdler
    Well, I have to say they look very nice. I think my wife may be of the same mindset as your GF, so I may bear this in mind next time I want to treat my wife to something a little nicer than a tent! Glad you enjoyed.

https://coolcamping.com/campsites/uk...2281-peak-pods

Not tried podding it yet outdoors, but certainly like the look of them. I did note this review here though of those particular pods if it helps. It should be stated perhaps here that other pods similarly are available too in that area as well. lol
    http://www.peakdistrict.gov.uk/visit...s/camping-pods
    Last edited by Trevor DC Gamble; 13-02-2017 at 06:44 PM.
    Trevor DC Gamble