Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: Women and safety

It is a dead thread!

Deceased....

Oh dear God! I really did not intend for my post to resurrect this thread in any serious context!! Trust me, I shall now be punishing myself. What's that thing that Opus Dei members wear around their thigh? And where can I get one?

Hayley, with respect, you miss the whole point of this thread. So you got harrassed by a bunch of builders - so have I! But Hugh started this thread by including excerpts of a chapter that told male walkers to start modifying their ordinary behaviour to ridiculous extremes on the off-chance that a female walker may be intimidated by me, errr, walking in the hills. Builders won't ever read Hugh's book, as Tony says. Please let's not go over all this again. There's over 30 pages worth of 'serious' stuff to read back over.

601 posts. That's more than enough - forget I ever mentioned anything. Ever.

Hayley I have walked alone lots and never had a problem out on the hills but like you I have been subject to harrasment by men in towns and villages and i think we would be hard pressed to find a woman who hasent.

Hugh was finding the danger in the wrong places in my experience and trying to induce feelings of guilt in the innocent.His advice would never have affected the behaviour of those tiny number of men who would want to behave innapropriatley towards women anyway, and so would not have made our time in the hills any safer in any way.

Has this thread not died yet?

Übermensch
    It's all Michael's fault. Him and his wandering hands.

He's not oppressing the female of the species again is he? :-))

Übermensch
    I wouldn't be surprised. It's his stile.

;-)

Lol, Marcus!

Heh-heh!

Busy hands, I'm afraid. If only my mum hadn't sewn up my pockets to stop me fiddling - at least I'd still have somewhere to keep my hands out of harm's way.