Thread: OM mini-meet on Bennachie

Mine I tell ya!

That will make you feel better.

Oooooo... What a rush!!

;o)

Going back to bed now!

I'll check in later on again.

2005- Mine all mine! ;o)

Oot- Cold/ Flu. Aw naw. Rotten or what..... Still you got post 2000. Hope you make your party tomorrow night. Hopefully you'll be better by tuesday. Keep taking the toddies

All men are safe from me Lindsay- apart from George Clooney, maybe. Actually, the weather for Kintail is looking distinctly p**h this weekend, with high winds and rain/ drizzle. So, there may not be any tops got. Still, there are the christmas festivities and Santa's visit to look forward to, not to mention the fleshpots of Portree.....

Elaine- one of your posts was edited. What were you saying????? You'll have to tell me- or was it the old punchline about feet?

Silly me- just read the edit thread on soapbox. Could this be the end of unintentional errors bringing endless amusement???? Ah well, at least I'll be able to check my spelliung! ;o)

Sympathy please. I'm realising that the down-side of two part-time jobs is twice as many people to p*ss you off. They've succeeded. Didn't even get out for a run today, so I'm low on endorphins. Tomorrow, crack of dawn (wasn't she around here earlier?), I'll be up there on the summit - I don't care what the weather's doing.

End of Munros in sight, just wondering - do we have any Marilyn-baggers out there? The uninitated may refer to www.rhb.org.uk

HilQ - the disadvantage of being a hill runner is that you need hills and daylight. The advantage of a plodder is that he just needs to get his butt out over the doorstep.

As for Mariyn Baggers I think that is for the English so that they can go out and climb all these small hills that they have, even in the South-East of England.

There are plenty of other possibilities HilQ - try Corbett Bagging - I finished mine last Xmas Day. Now doing a second round. I am also doing a first round of Grahams and I suppose a first round of Donalds but they are a bit too far away to be serious about them. I hope to finish my fourth round of Munros next year if I get enough clients to pay for my trips.

I am also thinking about doing the Furths, mainly as an excuse to go to Southern Ireland and bag their 3,000 feet mountains, possibly in a week.

If you haven't done the Munro tops a second round of Munros plus the Munro Tops.

If you run out there are:
    Corbett Tops
    Graham Tops
    Donald Tops

I haven't yet met anyone who had done everything so you could be the first one.

Not really counting !!!!!

Slainte

Flaff - I'm sure you will be winding up some of the males in Kintail and Skye this weekend.

Enjoy whatever you get up to!!

Slainte

HilQ - hope you made the summit run this morning - fine and mild with good views although if it was the crack of dawn it may have been misty.

Today 10 more miles to record for the year and I plan to go out again tomorrow, distance decided on how a feel.

Weekend off from walking because it was supposed to be windy but here on the coast the wind isn't obvious.

Slainte.

Curses, foiled again. 2k was mine, mine I tell you 8¬(

Well, I missed that one; I was re-wiring my daughters kitchen!

I've ended up rewiring the house; and to think that the original job was to put sockets and lights in the extension 8¬(

Dick

I think oot got some forewarning as he got out of his sick bed got 2000 and went back to bed not to be heard of since. A bit strange.

Lindsay,

Walking at the weekend was interesting. The summits were windy enough to make sure you didn't hang around but the river crossings are what made it. Gave up trying to cross the Glas allt Mor in Glen Derry and went up onto the Yellow Moss instead.

Hello :-) Just popping in to see what's happening around here.

Wee Beastie - I had to look at the map for that. It brought back memories. Many years ago I climbed Beinn Bhreac and Beinn a'Chaorainn and dropped into Glen Deryy to be confronted with the Glas Allt Mor in spate. The choices were either to climb up as you did or wade the burn. I decided to cross the stream but it was horendous and I was soaked through with the long walk back out to Linn of Dee to follow.

Slainte

Had a weekend at home building up my yearly running mileage. Had three long runs. I need them to keep up with all these runners and potential runners on this thread.

Slainte.

Ultra King Dave O aka Jungle Dave ;)'s Avatar
    Morning Folks, another week at work becons

Still had a good weekeend in t'peaks,

Hi PW recovered from the weekend yet?

Lindsay - that sounds a bit serious, 3 runs in one weekend! Quality as well as quantity I hope.

HilQ - When at home I run every day normally. I have been known to run every day, even after a day's walking, but have given that up as it just leads to long term injuries.

HilQ by the way I see the legs have vanished!! Must be winter and you have covered them up.