Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trip to Norway

I have another thread link to put on here for you this week! Found it just the other day, so watch this space ok, Sooper8!
    Trevor DC Gamble

I'm poised beside the laptop in anticipation Trevor!

Trevor - the anticipation is killing me!

Widdler

Mate your gunna have a sick time went out there last summer its crazy beautiful! dont worry about water pumps no need most of the water is all good to drink from rivers there if your unsure use chlorine tablets but I wouldn't normally bother. If your carrying all your gear for a couple of weeks I would go for the Ospray Aether 70 liter is such a cool bag and has a detachable top so can turn into a bumbag for going on day hikes and leaving rest of gear at base camp.

Cheers Rhys. The flights from Gatwick to Bergen in August were averaging at £80 return so we jumped at the chance.(going for 7 nights)

We plan on staying in the DNT huts and so made the decision to go with as little as possible and will manage with 35l bags now. The UT.no web site is great for planning the walks.

The final night we are staying in Bergen and Airbnb came up with some great cheap deals to stay in a boat in the harbour there.

Not a huge outlay at all , although on a walk the other week, we both found out our boots were leaking , and so have both invested in new footwear.

I went for Ecco Biom, mid weight, and my friend a pair of Asolo.

I can't wait!

Widdler

Goodluck mate its going to be an epic adventure!

For anyone else wondering about this one...

DNT membership allows you discount on NSB (trains in Norway) - but here's the maths you need to know to see if it's worth doing....

DNT membership allows you to buy a customer card at 550NOK compared to 750NOK, then when you have that you get 20% off rail travel.

My maths isn't great, this might be a little off..I believe you'd have to be spending £200 on rail tickets before this option started working out in your favour.

Hi all - well, we got back from 8 days in Norway mid August , but only just got home due to going on a camping tour of Scotland after that and only returned home 2 days ago.
    I will post up a separate thread when I get chance, with some photos and other info from the Norway trip, that might help others who are thinking of going.

Norway is nice i want to go there someday

Quote Originally Posted by Sooper8 View Post
    Hi all - well, we got back from 8 days in Norway mid August , but only just got home due to going on a camping tour of Scotland after that and only returned home 2 days ago.
    I will post up a separate thread when I get chance, with some photos and other info from the Norway trip, that might help others who are thinking of going.
    i'll be heading for a week, no camping just driving around with some walking trails (GF isnt into trekking )
    base in stavanger (in hindsight i would have booked bergen but it's done now, more research was needed, the place is bloody massive)
    how did you get on with food? we'll have a kitchen and plan to cook everything. are even the supermarkets silly prices like everyone says?

Widdler

Trip to Norway

New Zealand is like Africa...one trip is never enough Ive yet to hunt birds there other than turkey but definitely next time Congrats on a great trip.

Trip to Norway

What do you mean by, complete opposites? You mean like a doppleganger?Is the bus in some kind of weird dimension where evil twins are created?And have fun on your oversea trip :