Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Base layer

There is a difference between blunt and being downright ignorantly bleedin' rude in the extreme. Maybe you should extract your head from your posterior to look up from time to time.

Yeah it was rude, but when can bluntness not be rudeness, & ignorance would that not be akin to someone writing in away they accuse others? Maybe its just how you choose to look, maybe not.

You do appear to be the only one accusing others here right now of things, mr p. Sorry I could not personally reply to your comment here yesterday when you posted, but I wasn't on here that day!
    Trevor DC Gamble

If you can't see that your resurrection of dead threads is taking up almost all of the first page of latest posts, while in doing so making harder for anyone else to use a public posting forum & see anyone else's threads but yours, then what is there to say more of that point. Now I've resurrected this thread long enough & I can only ask that you give a thought to other people using this forum & how your actions can affect their use of it as well.

They are not dead threads just because a person of little brain and consideration deems them to so be Mr p. In fact this thread as case in point for good instance, that you have deemed to show no consideration whatsoever to the OP who originated the thread nor to any of the fine contributors who produced what actually was OM Forum's most up to date thread on this subject. At least that was what the search engine here told me. Now I feel I had a valid piece to add in contribution to this thread of a mere single simple newer article pertinent to the topic here under discussion. You don't, it has been generally politely asked go starting a new thread here for something that could well be added easily into one already going on that topic. One which is not even really that old anyway.
    Trevor DC Gamble

Furthermore Mr seeming know it all Mr p you like to accuse other people I see, hiding behind the liars favourite tools of exaggeration and downright falsehood. You are a bit of a viper I see, so I shall watch out for you in future as you rear up snakelike to try and take a venomous bite! I am quite simply not on here everyday, nor on days where I am here am I ever on for any much time at all on OM actually. So why don't you wind your neck in, grow up a bit, stop throwing all of your toys out of the pram, and go start getting your facts right for once in your life. Ask the team at OM and I am sure they will tell you there have indeed been many days I was not on here whatsoever. Other days I might just report for moderation the sales threads for cheap kitchens or whatever too! Seems wrong in my book that this task should fall always on the shoulders of Alexander and a few others, when I can pitch in to stop them having to do it all of time!
    Trevor DC Gamble

In comparison to all other valid contributions to this excellent forum thread yours Mr p here, are indeed the ones that do not belong here as valid contribution to the discussed outdoors subject.
    Trevor DC Gamble

As for the somewhat stupidly childish accusation of filling up the first page of the forum with ny posts! This statement of yours really proves that you have sadly a very limited understanding if the way a forum like this actually works! I do not post anything to the first page of the forum at all, this is the latest posts page, an amalgamation of all the posts to all the various sections or sub section categories if you like, on OM. I post to many and various threads on varied subject, Some on Soapbox, some to Gear and others to report spam sales threads to moderator or even welcoming new forum members etc. These are then lumped foe want of a better word into latest posts with all else. Beyond my control that is clever clogs!
    Trevor DC Gamble

Übermensch

I can see Padstowe's point.

A week or so ago I posted a sack for sale in the classifieds. Within 10 minutes it had been pushed off the first page of latest posts due to a flurry of posts from Trevor. Of course, he's entitled to post as much and as often as he wishes but it was more than a tad frustrating.

The sack sold today on another forum.

Then we come to you as a forum member feeling you have any right whatsoever to decide another members level of contribution, posting etc. That is outrageous of you, and truly defines your particular brand of conceited arrogance I feel. No one has that right to decide what others can or cannot post outside of the folks running the forum and actively encouraging people to post whatever they feel appropriate to so do. You are not required to read anything posted, if you find it not to your taste or particular liking then just walk on by! It obviously just was not posted for you was it now! So get over yourself about it! You have been many times offered the provision of the button to make a member's posts disappear in an instant! The fact you decide to not use this function offered you seems to indicate a tendency on your part ti want to have a moan, as if you enjoy banging your head against a wall!
    Trevor DC Gamble

I post the bits I want to post, not for anyone other than me, myself I as the hit song goes. I judge that there must be and obviously seemingly is judging by the numbers of thread reads, a deal of like minded, like interested peeps out there that too might like to read a thing I post. I post a wide range of outdoors interests stuff to suit a lot of tastes too! Good for them if they enjoy it too, and find it worthy of a read as I too did myself. Which was why I wished in the first lace to encourage others to take a look see as well. I do not try to please anyone other than me though, it is supposed to be fun on here! If you do not like a thing ignore it and read on! You are all more Tha capable surely of looking from page one of latest posts to page two! It is not taxing or remotely difficult to do!
    Trevor DC Gamble

Glyn, most of those posts that day if I remember correctly were my reporting the spam kitchen sales threads I think, where we had a few days of concentrated attacks. The accepted way to do that is to post to the thread with a notification that it has been alerted to moderators attention. So marked then others do not waste time reporting the same thread already reported, before the report of thread to mods. Unfortunately this process too adds the posted threads to the big collection point of Latest Posts first page as well, until
    they are removed by moderator.
    Trevor DC Gamble

I had a few days this week of very little time on forum, half hour or so, plus one or maybe two days not on here at all. I was asked not to post new threads of a thing where it could easily have gone into a thread already started on that subject. I did so and it brought us right here to this! So even trying to follow what I have been asked to do is wrong too it seems. This is s group of people that would like to make this place their own personal fififedom, telling people when, where, how and how much they can post. Whilst too operating a kind if Catch 22 system as well just for the hell of it.
    Trevor DC Gamble

I think I have covered every point raised, but if not let me know and I will be happy to explain further to you should you so require further levels of deeper clarification on anything ok.What we have here is a differing and clashing of personal opinions, nothing else. You have chosen to limit yourself by thinking in a particularly narrow margined way it seems to me. Everyone is fully capable of navigating the first two or so pages of Latest Posts! Think about it, and try to change your way of decided thinking. It is not really difficult at all. You decided it must be your way ot the highway, and you can and are fully capable of thinking again. There is no problem but for the one you have decided to choose to make. It is mostly in your mind, if you take the time to look and think about it!
    Trevor DC Gamble

Ultra King

Padstowe, Glyn, It's what we call "Trevving" the forum. It's been going on for some time, years in fact. You'll just have to get used to it.

Übermensch
    Quote Originally Posted by Mal Mawr View Post

Padstowe, Glyn, It's what we call "Trevving" the forum. It's been going on for some time, years in fact. You'll just have to get used to it.
    Mal, I'm very aware of Trevor's forum activities on the forum, past and present. I don't let it bother me though, if I ever got the urge to post something remotely interesting It might be an issue.

Übermensch

I'm inclined to agree with Padstowe too although I feel he was rather rude. Mind you although not rude Trevor's rant didn't half go on. Seemed to be point scoring to me.

Anyway now when I log on and if I see all the latest trending threads have Trevors name against them I just log off. Too many links and too much info to process. If I really want to check something out I'll go to the forums directly

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cynic View Post

I'm inclined to agree with Padstowe too although I feel he was rather rude. Mind you although not rude Trevor's rant didn't half go on. Seemed to be point scoring to me.

Anyway now when I log on and if I see all the latest trending threads have Trevors name against them I just log off. Too many links and too much info to process. If I really want to check something out I'll go to the forums directly
    That is your choice of course! Don't let me stop you either way there please, MC. But again, as I say, I welcome folks to the forum so that could be one or two posts with my name to them ok. Then I report the spam kitchens/bathrooms etc threads too, so that could be four or five more bits there in current posts with my name against them. By the time I get then around to answering a few queries asked of me, or a reply to a reply to a thread of mine a couple of times, then that could well be ten different lines in the latest posts or more! As for the rant going on, the sniping and the backbiting and the insults and the general level of bullying has been going on since I came back to the forum which is a hell of a lot longer! Point scoring? I'd call it trying to answer all of the questions raised mostly as accusations, on various threads here and not just this one for quite some good time now! It is simply my taking a right of reply!
    Trevor DC Gamble

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cynic View Post

I am very sorry and too disappointed you did not find my rant at all rude. I had certainly intended it to be, like for like. Must try harder.
    Trevor DC Gamble

Quote Originally Posted by Glyn View Post

I can see Padstowe's point.

A week or so ago I posted a sack for sale in the classifieds. Within 10 minutes it had been pushed off the first page of latest posts due to a flurry of posts from Trevor. Of course, he's entitled to post as much and as often as he wishes but it was more than a tad frustrating.

The sack sold today on another forum.
    Glyn, am well aware that folks wanting to sell their used/new unwanted kit items on here are of the general opinion that it sells better, or at least there is a perhaps greater likelihood of likely prospective buyers seeing it on the first page of the Latest Posts. As am only online for some couple of hours or less all in using the two hours free computer time in local library; including looking on here, reading and replying/organising my emails, plus doing competitions and too maybe the odd survey taboot, it is not really that long I have to post stuff. Hence likely come back within the hour and just do what folks always used to do if the latest posts dropped the thing you needed seeing to page two. Bump it up! Takes only seconds and puts you right back up to top of the pile. Easy! You have been on here long enough to remember everybody doing that I know. Glad the sack sold! I still have those fantastic boots I bought off you here in 2008/09 time! Best boots by far I think I have ever owned! Anyways as I say, more than happy to see other threads bumped up moving me down or even completely off of page one of latest posts here anytime, since have no desire nor need to be there as such. So do knock yourself out, and bump your sales threads up to your hearts content. That goes for everybody similarly finding themselves thus so affected too really. Years ago, when I posted stuff and had a pc of my own I would very often as soon as finished my posting, bump up the regular threads like Bennachie, and too Windy, or even some sales threads too to get them back to top of the pile. With just two hours to do everything on this library pc I just simply do not have the luxury of time to now afford myself able to do this anymore.
    Trevor DC Gamble