Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poor Customer Service

Mini Goon
    Some places take the biscuit.

Ordered a fair bit of stuff from an outdoor shop (in the list on the left).

Order went in Tuesday (not the one just gone...but the one before that).

Items were all availible in 3-5 days, or if out of stock they would tell me within 3 days.

Not heard didly squat from them...e-mailed monday got the standard reply "we cannot guarantee a delivery date....you'll get it when it turns up".

8 working days is taking the mick, I wouldnt mind if they had told me stuff was out of stock but just to not say anything is rude. If stuff is out of stock a small e-mail saying "We dont have it" would have been nice - i needed alot of that kit this weekend....looks like I'm going to have to stay in. Bah.

Good mind to wait till it turns up and just return the items under the 7 day distance selling regulations.

‹bermensch Cara-Lyn:  Stealth Sloth's Avatar
    I had the same from a certain store. Didn't say online when ordering that some thigns were out of stock. Then one item turned up, and with it, a note saying the other things would be delivered when they got in stock. If I had needed everything within 14 days of ordering, i'd have been stuck. I wasn't at all impressed.

Have ordered single items from same company since, but over the phone, where at least I can confirm stocks.

Ultra King Dave O aka Jungle Dave ;)'s Avatar
    had similar experience with an outdoors store.....most of the PC shops I use online let me know if its in stock and when its despatched not that hard!

‹bermensch
    I ordered a £10 cable from an online electronics store, knowing that it would have to be ordered.

After a month, the snazzy "check your order status" showed that they estimated I would have to wait 1000 days for delivery. Now I didn't mind waiting for a bit but 3 years was just outside my patience window.

I've never had any problems like that from the "companies on the left". Who was it, by the way?

Yeh, name and shame them.

Mini Goon
    ok.. still no word Usually I dont do the name and shame but as its two weeks tommorrow this is getting beyond a joke.

It was gear-zone.co.uk. The order was for odds and sods (platypus etc..) that came in the end to £130 (its was alot of odds and sods) - so you can understand why I am annoyed.

Funny, I've just been let down by The Outdpoor Shop, I wrote a letter with the returned goods and still await a reply.

Hmmm. Me too, Phil. They didn't send me the trousers I ordered and didn't communicate within the set time periods stated clearly in their email.

I had to ring up twice to find out what was going on. The trousers came eventually after several weeks but they did NOT keep in touch with me at all - I had to ask what was going on. Never had this problem with previous orders.

Mini Goon
    Oh my, its gets worse.

Phoned them twice today. Each time I was promised they would phone me back "right away" and then "as the next thing they do".

Guess what. Neither times did they phone back.

I'll take my £130 elsewhere thanks.

Morale of thread. Dont touch them even with appropiate length of barge pole.

I often enjoy the order-wait-enquire-wait-refund game with Field and Trek.

Widdler
    Lets start naming the one's who perform badly. I ordered off the outdoor shop on the 10 th of Feb and I am still waiting for stuff.

Widdler
    Is the outdoor shop suffering from problems it seems a lot of people are waiting for stuff from them and are getting crap customer service.

Good ones on the list I've used are Cave and Crag and Penrith Survival, both next day delivery types and A+
    And I know the guys at Aktive8 are on the ball too.

Widdler
    Hi I ordered off field and trek and they were excellent

Widdler
    this really seems to be a swings and roundabouts kinda of service

Widdler
    Regarding the outdoor shop did you speak to the numpty who says he trips over packages

‹bermensch Cara-Lyn:  Stealth Sloth's Avatar
    I have had good from F&T when ordering over the phone, but bad online (see my first reply to this thread).
    Outdoors Shop - no problems
    CCC - didn't actually order online but the service and info given on email and phone was great
    CMM - sky high postage costs negate benefits of good deals on many items
    Cotswold - reliable, not good, not bad
    Northwest Supplies (not on here) - great
    SASS Kit - v knowledgable staff, good service

Widdler
    maybe the owner of the electric shop is related to the owner of the outdoor shop thanks carla for the good info

‹bermensch tdave@walkeryri.org.uk's Avatar
    Used CCC, Cotswold, CMMonline (ditto sleeping bag) and hitch 'n hike (not a partner i dont think) in the last month and i found all the goods delivered quickly and without problems.

Not only that, but most of it was reduced and a right bargain!

Widdler
    Bought a pair of North Face trousers, got them home, went to iron them and burn't them. Checked label, instructions in foreign. Contacted Cotswold, manager no quibble said send them back. Sent Thur last week, got a phone call Mon, stating new pair trousers in post and reimbursed my postage and packaging. Rec today Tues. NB: Informed the ironing instructions were in chinese, informed the manager that I'd put myself on a cantonese course. LOL. Seriously impressed with the service and speed of Cotswold...Well done.