Thread: New member

Mini Goon

Hello All,

I've wound up clicking through to various threads on the site a fair amount recently - it looks like a few of you seem to be PHD fans, and I've been Googling frantically to help preemptively justify purchases from theirsale recently...

You've helped me no end already - myjustificationshavegrownmorearticulateby the day, although so has my shopping list! Hmm.

In terms of background, I have done bits and bobs, but mostly when younger, in the Himalayas, Japanese back-country, Welsh hills,nothingmajor, but lots of "outdoors magic" out in the fresh air and/or wild weather.

But its been a while since I didanythingtoo adventurous and a decade on, and I'm enjoying putting a toe back in the water, and over time have been updating my previously heavier kit with lovely shiny bits and bobs.

I'm generally a fan of short trips to get my head clear and get me out of the city, without too much planning needed, even if not for long. Whether camping out with my little boys (and/or dog) for the night in Hertfordshire, wild camping overnight between work-days, or tramping up into the hills in Wales or Scotland. But I'd love to work gently back up towards something alittlebigger (TGO Challenge / Fjallraven Classic one day?)

Anyway, thanks for your back-catalogueof interesting views and reviews, and I hope I cancontribute a littleover time.

Best,

James

Widdler

Ello

Hi James. Welcome to the Forum!

Welcome GJ .

There are a quiet a few in here that have been on TGO and others ( not me though although I am nearly in part of it's area ), there's always Thisalthough there will be many others I'm sure dotted around the country, there are 3 different routes depending on how far you want to walk. The Cape Wrath Trail is another although you can do sections if you don't want to end up at Cape Wrath, nothing against C.W. by the way .

Mini Goon
    Thanks all

And too a warm welcome from the likes of me!
    Trevor DC Gamble