Thread: Another folding chair thread

Widdler

I have decided to buy a high quality folding camp chair after purchasing one of the chaper ones. It needs to be small to pack away into my sea kayak. I have narrowed it down to the Alite Mayfly and the Helinox Ground Chair. I was just wondering what people's thoughts are on which one is the best and which one is more friendly on the groundsheet in your tent.

Initiate

I'm not sure I would want to use this type of chair in a tent, especially one with a very lightweight groundsheet. I have the Helinox chair one, and love it, but I only use it outside.

I originally suggested the Crazy Creek hex 2.0, as it looked far better quality than the cheaper ones available that look similar, and it sounds like you've tried one, and realised they are a bit rubbish too. I have actually ordered the Crazy Creek as I want to use it in the tent also, so I'll let you know how I get on with it, when I actually get it.

Initiate

Hi Mark,

Just an update on the Crazy Creek Hex chair that I recommended last time. I have just received mine today, and I think it's great. Folds nice and small..ish, very well made and comfortable. But the best thing about it, which sets it apart from the cheap folding ones, is that it stays upright and open, so when you get out of it, then go to sit back down, you don't have to unfold it again.

I searched a month ago for the information, really did not find anything. I hope my answer will help those who will as well as I search for information.
    I've got a Helinox Chair One.I use it for camping and festivals. It pretty comfortable, and easily transportable.I like how it supported my back muscles. Pack up small enough even for backpacking. But I decided a gravity filter was more important. I also used Kermit chairs like on photo
    It very heavy and expensive but very comfortable! I hope my recommendations will help you when choosing, just read this article https://bestoutdooritems.com/best-zero-gravity-chair/
    Very useful information!!!))
    SDEBOL-020913-102858.jpg

I would get the Helinox Chair Zero...Over 300 grams lighter than the chair one, just as robust and comfy but also a lot easier to get in your Kayak.