Thread: Peak District Walks

Widdler
    This is my 1st post to this website, so apologies if it's not in the right forum or is taboo, but.......if you want to go on a great walk with very friendly people you should go on a walk with the Hope Valley & High Peak Transport Partnership! It's free and we need new faces turning up if we are to survive. Walks are all year round and encourage use of public transport. Go to www.hvhptp.org.uk for latest events programme. Go on give it a try. We have a laugh if nothing else!

Nice idea, I had no inkling that such a thing existed, though I was aware of the folk trains - to be honest, they kind of scare me, but again, a neat idea.

Incidentally, this Saturday 18 December - OM Miss The Xmas Shopping cake and cafe walk from Hope. We're meeting at the car park opposite the Woodbine caff in the centre of Hope at 10 am, going for a stroll across the hills, before returning the to the caff for tea and cake. All welcome. Bear in mind it's not a 'guided walk' per se, just a bunch of OMers meeting up as friends to go for a stroll.

Widdler
    Hi Jon, Yes the Folk Trains are also part of the same organisation. (Tip - "Scariness" is minimised by consuming copious quantities of brown liquid when train stops!!)
    Would like to go on your walk this Saturday, but fear it may lead to divorce (been out a lot recently!!). Would be good to meet some OM'ers (correct terminolgy?). Let me know if you do another sometime.

Bob - the next meet is at Buttermere in the Lakes in 5-6 weeks' time. We tend to have a "meet" in the Peak about twice a year plus any number of informal meets in between. Best to watch the Meets'n'Partners section.

I quite like the look of the Cajun Special, Manchester to Glossop this Thursday, would have been a nice way to chill after some Christmas shopping, but unfortunately I'm darn sarf for the office Christmas party :-(