Thread: Talkback: Aldi Launches Walking Specialbuys Range

Initiate
    Just bought a couple of the base layers for me + my wife. The cut and quality are excellent, but I've just noticed they're not 100% bamboo-derived viscose, but 28% cotton.

Excellent beach t-shirts for the summer and base layers for family bimbles, but there are days when I'd not want to use them because of that.

The softshell jackets seemed good for the money as did the polo shirts, though.

Ultra King

Did the rucksack look any good?

Initiate

Got the polo shirts for myself - had to dig around for XL but seems to be lots of L and medium.. Looking about there was (in Southport) some cycling kit left from earlier in the year.

£5 for a polo shirt is pretty good value, £5 for a wicking polo with silver anti-pong technology seems a steal

theolderbamboobaselayersalsohadcotton.Okforworkbut clammyforsweatytypeslikeme! Ifoundthemtoo warm forsummer.

Initiate
    Quote Originally Posted by Tall PC View Post

Did the rucksack look any good?
    Didn't look, as I'm not in the market for another one.

Initiate

the rucksack has a trampoline back to it - so good for a sweaty back. Didnt really look any further as, like Mike, I'm not in the market. There were quite a few of them in Southport (so guessing there are quite a few in each branch) so mosey along and decide for yourself

I've had one of the bamboo baselayers for about 5 years, still going strong and is my favourite baselayer (I particularly like the long cut). Got another a few weeks ago when they were on sale.

My favourite microfleece also came from Aldi, again it's the long cut I like (means it doesn't ride up at the back). But I think the current ones are different.

Aldi also had some stretch fleece gloves with grippy bits and 'etouch' or whatever it's called (for touchscreens) for £5 recently. They're good too.

Mini Goon
    Anyone tried their camp bed for car camping? Looks long and heavy but quite tempting at that price, ??13?

Got a bamboo baselayer for a friend.. 67% viscose, 28% cotton and 5% elastane. Didn't see the rucksacks. The soft shells also say they're 'waterproof material' or something and had a slight fleece lining. Didn't look 'breathable' to me! and certainly not for Summer. The mid layer fleece is quite thin but not too bad - looks quite 'fitted'. The poles looked fairly standard. The shoes looked quite poor quality but didn't really assess closely. Gaiters looked about what you'd expect for £4.99, quite long.

I'd say the range is fine for someone for occasional use and therefore good value.

Has anyone tried the socks - some lycra mix? - £2.99 for 2 pairs, seemed decent enough...

Widdler

go4awalk.com are running a competition to win some of this gear. See http://www.go4awalk.com/the-bunkhous...ompetition.php for details.