Thread: Anybody own some Kuhl Renegades?

Mini Goon

Been getting a bit excited about the trousers as they are a really nice mix of trekking trousers and normal one, with some decent pockets and a normalish casual cut. Not everyone's cup of tea maybe but like the idea that you could wear them anytime any place and have the bonus of some dwr, stretch, windproof, lightweightness etc without looking too outdoorsy. Blacks and Tisos plus a few others seem to be stocking them but I've not managed to track down a pair in the flesh yet to have a closer look.

Opinion seems to be divided however, or scarce, on whether they are at all windproof, so i wandered if anyone has any experience of them?

http://www.kuhl.com/kuhl/mens/pants/renegade-pant/

‹bermensch

They certainly don't sound windproof. They look like just another soft shell trouser.

If you're looking for something which you can wear to the pub without looking too "techy" then perhaps you should try Rohan's chino's?

http://rohan.co.uk/mens-travel-and-o...ocode=03571990

I think they do technical corduroy trousers too.

Mini Goon

Hmm thanks for the suggestion but they are just a bit too casual and rohan-y, and I find the cut on rohans very old man-y too - at least they were on the bags, maybe these are better. I want something a bit more technical than that - like you said a soft shell with a bit more of a daily cut than can be techy if you want to be. Don't ask for much do I? Think I'm pretty sold on the renegades, just wandering whether I should be in the market for another pair alongside with some better weatherproof credentials, so trying to suss them out. Will have to suck it and see maybe. its hard when you can't get your hands on a pair!

Thanks for the response

‹bermensch

Haglofs do a slimmer cut on their trousers I think.

http://www.cotswoldoutdoor.com/haglo...pants-17240106

In black they might be nice? sportpursuit often get them.

Mini Goon

Yup look good but again trecking-style pockets and a skinnyer cut - what I like about the kuhls ( might be in a minority here ) is the slightly baggyer cut

‹bermensch
    Tried calling a local blacks store to see if they can get a pair in to try on?

Mini Goon

no will try that

‹bermensch
    Failing that I'd try a non-chain outdoor store who deal with the UK distributor (even if they don't stock the specific brand). Smaller companies are more likely to go out of their way to help - In my experience anyway.