Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Banana Guard

Marcus -
    "Has caused great hilarity at work - it's an unfortunate dark pink colour. One lady asked me where the "on" switch was - she thought it might be a radio!"

Oh yeah? Do people use radios instead of vibrators in Cheshire then??

;oP

‹bermensch
    Just be grateful you don't have to work with the same people I do - it can be very confusing.

She did actually think it was "one of those radios for listening to in the shower"...

‹bermensch
    Everyone else thought it looked exactly like a vibrator.

What's a vibrator?

‹bermensch
    It's a bit like a banana guard but higher maintenance.

I want one of those...

Dear God...

Banned

I got myBanana Guard from www.bananaguards.co.ukand I also got a Froot Guardwhich Iuse forprotecting larger round fruit like apples, anda Froot Case which can hold smaller fruits and berries. These are great products and ideal for stuffing into my walking back pack.

ffs...

My Bananaguard is busted... the bits that snap together to hold it shut have snapped off. The only way it can be used now is to have an elastic band round it. I only use it for day-walks. On longer trips I buy bananas by the bunch on rare occasions, and don't really fancy carrying five empty Bananaguards for weeks on end.

If Bananaguard wants to replace my busted one... please get in touch!

I'll send you one for nowt.

Ultra King

You can get a new type of guard. It is a transparent coloured case with a concertina shapped section like on bendy straws that can bend to any shape. It apparently fits all bends of bananas.

Waste of money.

Ultra King

Zombies make for some entertainement. I always find it funny at how many posts I read before I twig how old the thread is. It often takes the second page.!!

Banned
    Hi Paddy, sorry to hear you've had banana guard troubles, I've had my Banana Guard for a number of years now and have had no problems with it. You'd have to speak to BananaGuard about getting a replacement although I did see a post on their facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Banana...4180922?ref=tsthis morning something about a special offer on the yellow banana guard if you just wanted to puy a replacement.

I've been a fan of the Banana Guard Facebook page for quite a while now. You can often finddiscount codes postedby Banana Guard on there.

I used one around a week ago when purchasing myBanana Guard. I think the voucher code, "bananabunch10"is still valid if anyone is thinking of purchasing a Banana Guard!!!

Banned

Oh I heard it through grape vine!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Banana Jimmy View Post
    Hi Paddy, sorry to hear you've had banana guard troubles, I've had my Banana Guard for a number of years now and have had no problems with it. You'd have to speak to BananaGuard about getting a replacement although I did see a post on their facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Banana...4180922?ref=tsthis morning something about a special offer on the yellow banana guard if you just wanted to puy a replacement.
    Ah but Jimmy... that would mean paying more money for a defective product. I have a built-in aversion to throwing good money after bad. Instead of making lots of different colours, they should be concentrating on quality control. The snap fasteners should snap shut... not snap off.

Banned

I know lots of people who use them day, day out and haven't heard of any snapping. I had one of the original banana guards whichwas a bit prone to breaking but the second design is so much better. Have you tried contacting the retailer you purchased it from to see if you can get a replacement?

It was a present. I guess I could go back to the person who gave it to me and tell them to their face that it was a naff present, and get the info from them to get a replacement, but it seems a bit mean. It would be better if Bananaguard made them stronger. With nothing to compare it to, I wouldn't know if I had the first "prone to breaking" model that you describe, or the second "much better" design.

What about the Tunnock'sTeaCakeGuard? Do they do those? Man, I would buy one of those babies in a heartbeat.