Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SUPERMARKET WILD CAMPING FOOD

‹bermensch

Milly,Your choice is almost identical to my diet. My custard is reserved for adding to fig biscuits though. Jacobs Cornish Wafers with squeezy cheese for a snack, weight for weight is very high calories. All these items are also very easy on the fuel. Cheers.

‹bermensch
    The Asian stores sell Nido.

Mini Goon

I always use look what we found meals chile, curry etc available in Tesco.

there pot porridge 3 for 1.50 are ok .

john

Another yes from me for the"look what we found".. Basically small wayfarers.. You'll need a bit of something to go with it - rice / pitta etc but they are quite tasty.

I've tried a few andliked the chilli, the lamb hotpot and the soup with meatballs.

Also, if you're cooking on an open fire, ask your local butcher to vac-pack meat for you..

You can get them to wrap your bacon in seperate pacs, so it doesnt go off or leak over your stuff.. Its also completely waterproof - Ive heard of people taking food to the butchers and slipping them a couple of quid to get stuff packed that wouldnt stand upto moisture - pork pies, pasties etc..

Also bannock bread is amazing stuff..Take the dry mix in a sandwich bag and mix with a little water when its time.. If you fry off some bacon in one pan, do bread in the other (or set the bread aside when cooked) you can dip it in the bacon juice in the pan... not healthy, but a great breakfast .

(Link to Bannock bread recipe: HEREI add some poppy seeds to the mix, but YMMV)

(NB: when i said you can have your bacon in seperate pacs, I meant you can get the butcher to do it so you have a days breakfast/meal in each pouch).

Widdler

if there are two of you a 'look what we found' meal each with a tilda rice to share which can also be boiled in the bag. Also there is enough room in the look what we found bag to add the rice no washing up. these are a bit heavy but fine for one or two nights.

Goon

cuppa soaps for lunch are good. Top tip is to pour the contents into the water and then bring to the boil, rather than waiting for the hot water to hydrate the food and your soup is hot too. If you need bread I prefer to take pitta bread it is thinner and holds its shape better during traveling.

Initiate
    cuppa soaps?

(thinks...thats what cuppa soups taste like anyway...dishwater with bits...very unpleasant)

Goon

LOL Meant to say Mug Shot but forgotten what it was called

Widdler
    Quote Originally Posted by FOX160 View Post

LOL Meant to say Mug Shot but forgotten what it was called

I tried one of these for the first time on my last trip. I had a spicy tomato pasta mug shot and added 2 peperamis and 2 babybels. Made for asimple, quick andtasty lunch.