Thread: New Forest day walks

As my wife and myself enjoy day-walking but are inexperinced in routes in our area. Can anyone suggest some round trip walks we can do in the New forest/Southampton area? All suggestions gratfully recieved,Mark

Can nobody help me with this thread?
    My dog is getting fat,And so is my wife!!
    [But thats another story]
    All joking aside, any help would be appreciated

There's always the Isle of Wight - I've heard of it, but being oop north, it's mostly something I've seen from ferries. Come on southern people, you're the ones who know...

Goon
    I searched the web and found this set of walks in the New Forest New Forest Walks. I don't live in that area so I don't know much about it all, but if you go to google and type 'New Forest Walks in the UK' you get quite a lot of info. I hope this helps.

Thanks for the help Sally,These seem to be just the type of things we want.
    Thanks to Jon as well but you must come down and enjoy the "beutiful south" sometime.
    All the best Mark.

Not entirely relevant, but it got me thinking anyway.

Jon, whereabouts do you reckon most of your readers are based? I can't remember whether there's an address field in the "subscribe to outdoorsmagic" doo dah, but it'd be nice to know where everyone came from.

Good point James not everyone lives up north and go'es running up and down fell's.It would be nice to know were everyone come's from.Just in case anyone has'ent worked it out we come from just outside of Southampton on the edge of the new forest.

We do know where our members are based, but if I told you, I'd have to kill you... But it's fair to say that there's a pretty good spread throughout the UK and even beyond..

The site's actually run from a beach in Barbados where I sit drinking Cuba Libres and having my back massaged as I tip tap away on my lap top. Head office though is in Alaska...

Ahh, that sounds like the life. It'll be time for me to be doing work experience soon....

Alaska here I come!

Does the ferry to alaska go past the Isle of white Jon? And can you still get black pudding there?

Not sure. I'm told it's much cooler than Barbados, which is why I work here rather than there. Course the folk down at head office are all big black pudding fans, so even if it's not commercially available in Alaska, I am absolutely certain they'll be making their own...

Goon
    Us Alaskan southerners are vegetarian so black pudding doesn't really come into it. No....come back...I'm alright really...stop.

Anyway, we should be able to see where people come from in the localiser once we have fixed it. It should say 'Bartholomew is a climber from Uxbridge' or whatever.