Page 891 of 891 FirstFirst ... 391791841881889890891
Results 17,801 to 17,811 of 17811

Thread: Random Rambling Rowlocks

I've been neglecting you Cr , have been standing peat up today, not as it's been hot but just as it's not raining , it all stood up as I only have a few weeks left, there were midgies out just now so may go fishing for a bit and hope there's a breath of wind coming in off the sea as it can be a bit sheltered here., Calm and cloudy today although I believe they were sweating buckets at Wimbledon !, it was a lot cooler here.
    IMG_5859.jpg
    Fishing off a rock
    Last edited by alexander rae; 07-07-2017 at 11:03 PM.

Blustery now with passing showers that seem to stay awhile

After evening, not many hills doon sooth, a bit like the Downs with trees !

‹bermensch
    Morning after 3 attempts of trying to get a new password I finally got one. Something happened to my laptop I think as I had to renew fb passwords and other things. Hope you are keeping well Alexander.
    I've done some nice walks with the walking club recently. Went to Staithes in July and Dufton in Cumbria last Sunday to do High Cup Nick- was lucky with the weather on both walks. I've done a couple of walks at the coast at teatime/evening this week as we've had some gorgeous weather. I am not sure how big the files can be for photos anymore? I would have to crop them quite a bit no doubt.

Well done Cr , there are walks around here, but I haven't done any, old paths like Ridgeway ect, not sure what you call them , I should ask and look them up, don't get much time as if it's good weather there are things to do.
    There's a steam train on a bit of private track, it goes up and down blowing it's whistle, you can pay to get on it, I think the track is a few miles long, I hear it going during the week, it used to be only at the weekend as it's manned by volunteers .

‹bermensch
    I hope you get out and about for a walk sometime Alexander. I would look up the steam train too. i like steam trains. I miss going to the NYM this year.Not to worry.

‹bermensch
    Hi Alexander

I hope you are well. Not sure where the time has gone. I managed to open the train link. I hope you get to go on the train. They do driver experience days too if you fancy driving a train! Didn't get to go on my walk with the club to Reeth this month as had to work.

Morning, keep forgetting to come in here , I'm moving back to Milton Keynes for a week, then things will be nearly done here ( it's early ), If I can't find any other farm work I'll go back to Scotland, may go to London for a family tree if the opportunity arises.
    I heard the whistle of the train after 9.30pm last night Cr, glad I'm not closer, the trundle up and down the same bit of track, anyone living close to it would get fed up ( unless they're mad on trains ), am off to pack my car.

Evening, going back to the land of mountains and midgies at the end of the week, think the midgies may have gone by now though

Nothing on Owl Cam Cr, something tripped it in the middle of August ( I was away ), got a video clip of the under side of the shed roof but nothing moving, they have been about since I've been away though, I've defrosted my freezer and put bit's of chicken ect outside, think I'll move the camera to see what goes off with it, cats probably !
    Nice day here, calm apart from the odd passing shower of rain.