Page 601 of 891 FirstFirst ... 101501551591599600601602603611651701 ... LastLast
Results 12,001 to 12,020 of 17813

Thread: Random Rambling Rowlocks

Ultra King

Oh, feck........... Now have 3 cases of Magner's, a case of beer, 4btls of wine plus what I've left, for 7peeps..................

The wee Deer Hound is ear too, can't put anything 'open' down, even on a table/worktop, or DH's tail will knock over. My worktops are 3' tall, the DH's chin is around 6" above them. SOD SSCMM is still the 'boss', poor thing tries to hide at times, not enough room in my wee hoose....................

MNBBL. Or if am, will make even less sense than usual.

You can be the duggy UN Husky , sounds like you'll have to have an OM meet then .

I saw the waves in the south of england on the news, they were on about 80mph winds, it's 1.3mph here at present , funny thing, weather !

Would the DH pinch food of the worktops ?

edit, boing

Übermensch

Evening

Alexander how was the programme on Ch 4 re theLiverpool and Leeds canal? I missed the programme was watching the Voice. I saw the news too re the weather in Cornwall and Somerset. It is really awful for the people living there.

My sis and her hubby were round earlier and she was saying that the fields are flooded next to where she keeps her horse- the horses haven't been in the fields for a while. Though weare extremely lucky compared to the SW. The wind has died down but it's been raining again. Took a photo of the moon at teatime but it is not as good as your latestpic of the moon Alexander.On a lighter note my sisters horse likes a donkeyat the stables!

Hope Sue had agood walk last night and tonight Husky. Sounds like you will be having a canny party on 15 Feb! . I've just had a bottle of Empire beer- rather nice . Your single malt sounds pretty strong just looked at my bottle of Southern Comfort (had it for over a year and opened it after Christmas)and that is only 35% proof. A bit weird but on the label on theback of the bottle it says product of Ireland!!!

So has MM been good the past coupleof nights and let you get some sleep? Sounds like the DH will keep you on your toes Husky!

Ultra King

"You can be the duggy UN Husky " Think MM can do that job herself!!!

"Would the DH pinch food of the worktops ?" She might, don't know, Smoke will drink your coffee from cup/mug. Not tea, doesn't like it..........

I'm boing in the next 1/2 hour.

The rest are welcome to stay, finish booze, keep SOD amused.........

I'm very and up earlyish. (6:30am).

NBBL.

Ultra King

"So has MM been good the past coupleof nights and let you get some sleep? Sounds like the DH will keep you on your toes Husky!"

SOD, has let me get sleep, it's when other things 'happen', MM can want to either play, or 'guard' the wee hoose.

Smoke, (DH), isn't a problem, would be happy to lie and sleep if she was "allowed" too by the SOD SSCMM.

Blowing a 'hoolie' outside, hailstones bouncing af da windies!!!!!!!!

That whisky is one of the less 'potent' ones, you can get up to 58%+ ABV. When I go out camping solo, the 'slightly' stronger ones are what I'll take. A couple o drams before bed, easy to carry as don't needmuch.

Boing

Cr, The program was interesting in a general way but not as much infornation as there could have been, although I just know about parts of it.

My father had a horse and along the way he was offered a goat which was kept inthe shed with the horse, if the goat was taken from the shed the horse would not settle, trotting about so I can understand the donkey thing.

Übermensch

Alexander that is a shame re the programme not providing more information.

My sister has always loved horses since she was a little girl.If she was to win loads of money I am sure she would buy a farm!! She wassaying that shethinks Piper- her horse likes the donkeys ears for some reason! I Can't remember the donkeys name . Did you ever get to ride your fathers horse Alexander?

I've just had a Southern Comfort and will think I will Boing.So Husky when I get to do a wild camp it may bebest to take a few drams of something strongto help me sleep?

Boing

Morning. calmish and dry so far . 5.9C.

The program was interesting Cr, not having had time to wander around the area it was interesting to see it, the chap that was landlord up here was the first in his home area to use steam trains at his coal mines ( before that using a horse drawn / gravity system to get coal from the pit head ), he was told by his elders not to bother with steam as it was a passing craze ( the new canals made transporting coal times easier than it had been a few years before, the thing with canal boats was that every time the coal was moved it was broken into smaller bits, when moving it in a train waggon it was put into the waggon at the pit and emptied into a barge at Wigan Pier in larger pieces and getting a higher price. As someone else said on another forum, he was loved and adored by his tenants in England and hated and despised by the tenants up here as he was so harsh when evicting and clearing neighbourhoods in this area.

Übermensch

Afternoon. It has brightened up since this morning a bit sunny at moment, dry but wind has picked up.About 6.5 to 7 C.

The programme sounds interesting Alexander. Seems funny thing to say Wigan Pierwhen Wigan is land locked as I think of piers being at the coast.However they used to load/unload boats at South Shields Pier with coal etc.

The landlord seemed to be a bit of a Jekyll and Hyde character- not nice to evict tenants.I don't know the Wigan area but lived in Leeds for a year along time ago.Went to Liverpool for a friendswedding too but don't know the place.I am not sure of the technical terms but saw a programme once about a canal which had the highest lock? there was quite a difference in heightbetween the bottom canal and top canal but cannot remember where it was now.

Passing showers now , was chopping kindlers bit the rain was blowing in the door , will go out if it clears up which I'm sure it will.

The Landlord was a difficult character to say the least and took most of the surrounding landlords to court, when the case went against him he would just appeal and appeal again.

I never seen Wigan pier but went to the coal mine exhibition thing they had, although there was no one to talk to, you just paid, went in and wandered around.

Übermensch

Hi

Wind picking up, hope my sheets don't blow off the line! Just been on my email and had an email in junk mail sayingit was a notification that Alexander R had responded to my post? Never had such an email before, how strange.

There used to be a few coalmines in this area Alexander but no more. I do have two pieces of coal, one fromYorkshire andone from thelocal area. .

The email's from Outdoor Magic Cr, although it doesn't work all the time, as you are making a post, look at the bottom of the box, if you make a comment without ticking the little box you will get an email every time someone comments, if you make sure the box is empty it's ok, you only need to do it once per thread, you just need to check if you go to a different thread or you may get emails . Think it's stopped raining .

Übermensch

Hi Alexander

The little box is ticked but I've never had notifications until today! Even when I've hada PM I've never had notification before.

Sun is still out and sheetsstill on line but a bit tangled! having a cup of coffee for a change.

you were on Bennachie as well Cr . perhaps it's that, you used to get email's all the time but it's gone awrye ( ?) since the Downgrade months agom you won't get a thing for ages then you'll get a page of them all at once .

Übermensch

Ah well not to worry re notifications. Things seems to be going a bit haywire at the moment. Just looked at my watch and it is nearly2 pm! Though it is 3.57 pm on my phone and 3.55 pm on laptop!

The comentators on the Olympics are going haywire on BBC2 as the UK is winning . one girl fell backwards and cracked her helmet on the hard snow and shattered it like breaking a boiled egg with the back of spoon !!!!!!!!!!!, she was ok though.

Übermensch

Glad the lass is ok. Haven't seen the winterOlympics today.Would be great if we won a medal again. I saw a little of the Snowboarding yesterday on the news- two English guys made the final of one of the events but one crashed out. Amazing how they do a lot of air and tricks- the obstaclesseemed pretty big e.g. half pipe, death box etc.

Jenny Jones won a Bronze for snowboarding,the first UK medal on the snow.

Übermensch

That is good news re Jenny winning a medal! . Haven't seen the news or watched TV today.

Ultra King

Evening, wet and windy this morning, calm, dry and frosty now.

Heard on news Norn Iron girl came 9th, fell on both runs by not landing double back flips.

Don't know what time/s rest left early hours of morning, but had gone when I got up at 7:30. They'd even mostly cleared up.

BBL.