Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Awesome Snowdonia Winter Weekend, 16/17 November 2012

Sure did Milly...

... and hope to!

‹bermensch
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Maria View Post

For the Friday evening i will make a cornbeef hash hotpot, and supply pickled red cabbage, beetroot and baked beans......... of course if you don't want that then I certainly wont be offended if anyone just wants to make their own meal....

Suggest we eat at the pub on Saturday evening, but again, happy for peeps to do their own thing.

I will also supply and cook bacon baps for brekkie on Saturday morning. Whoo hoo...... can't wait!
    You are a star Maria, Nom nom nom

But it's likely that Glenn, Gemma, Becky and myself wont get there until 10ish on the Friday so we'll either grab something before we leave, or on the way.

Ultra King
    Quote Originally Posted by pete_rbg View Post

Thanks both.

If I'm only a short walk down the road then I hope I can be 'part of the OM group' (kinda thing). I'd be happy to camp (regardless of weather), rather than be self-conscious about my (and others) potential snoring (f**ting, sleep-walking, weak-bladder, bowel disorder...)

No, I don't suffer from all of the above ‚?? honest.
    Well, I've been know to 'suffer' from some. No way will I say which!!

DFG. Maria, you need a 'sous chef', I'm happy to help.

Also with Bacon Butttes ............

I'll probably meet early arrivals at the pub.I doubt anyone will be there by midday, so I'll go for a dander first.

I was going to do Moel, as LLM is thinking of doing on Sun. Anyone know of a 4hr ish dander I could do?

Equally as accessible as Moel Siabod from Capel, you could do Creigiau Gleision - there's a good approach path and then some of the going higher up is a bit rough and wet in parts.

Or Pen Llithrig Y Wrach and Pen Yr Helgi Du (make a circuit using the path alongside the leat) is a bit longer outing.

Any of those, on a clear day, will give you cracking views of Tryfan and the rest of the Ogwen Valley mountains.

Ultra King

Cheers Matt,

I'll have a look at those on map.

H

‹bermensch

Huskyman, another less well travelled route is to follow the track from Capel that runs 'parallel' to the A5, to the farm with a campsite attached. Just to the right of the farm there's a ladder stile that takes you up the Braich y Ddeulgwm ridge. The path is almost non existent except at the start and towards the end as it guides you upto Llyn Caseg-fraith. From there turn left to Y Foel Goch and the path back to Capel. The path peters out over Bwlch Goleuni and becomes boggy although you'll find the occasional trace. The last tricky bit is finding the route down off Creigiau Gelli down on to Gelli. Again there's nothing on the ground to guide you until you're actually descending down on to the farm.

When we did it we were above some of the cloud and part of the descent was done in low cloud.The views were fantastic.

I've ofdten done the Creigiau Gleision walk via Crimpiau and Craig Wen. Great views across to the Snowdon massif during the early stages, then across to Tryfan once upon Creigiau Gleision. But, as Matt C mentioned above, the peaty paths on the westerly return side can be a bit boggy in places (but nothing too bad).

Ultra King

Cheers, folks,

I'll have a look at all the routes and probably decide when I get to Capel, in case of delays.

I'm not worried about boggy ground! Ireland does have a few wee peat bogs it's self.

Husky - I only said 'may' do Moel Siabod on Sunday, just an idea, i'll go wherever peeps fancy. So other suggestions are of course welcome!

Ps. You good at buttering bread?

Oh, and I wasnt planning on going to the pub on Friday (as eating-in so to speak) but of course that doesn't prevent anyone else going!

Well buttering bread is well outside of my catering skills so glad someone else has picked up that task. I can boil water and, with careful pre-training, have been known to mix tea bags, recently boiled water and milk in careful proportions. That I can do this early in the morning often seems to appeal to others who like a delivery of this concoction to their bedside. As others will testify I do struggle with the sugar element but I am striving hard to improve.

Anyway it looks like we should arrive 9 ish and am looking forward to this and will of course help out where we can.

Ultra King

LMM, only looking at things to do before y'all get there.

Yea, I can butter bread and I can cook bacon, etc. I've had to cook a lot of my own meals, not just out doors.

Oh, I diidn't say would eat in pub, only that's where I'd be found........ drinking water or fruit juice as usual.

If I don't get any delays to how I get to CC, I would be their for @ mid-day. So would have a few hours to 'kill' waiting for the rest of you to arrive. The reason I'd like a wee dander.

Not stay in pub. Not that I drink alcohol, only on special occasions

Ok folks, time to pay up....... Can you please send me your £10 payment by Paypal, my email address for paypal is norrisduffy1@gmail.com.

1. Little Miss Maria (PAID)
    2. Glenn(PAID)
    3. Glenn's Mrs (Gemma)(PAID)
    4. Nick the ex Mod (PAID)
    5. Huskyman (PAID)
    6. Carrick (PAID)
    7. Mini Mal (PAID)
    8. Milly (PAID)
    9. GB 1 (PAID)
    10. GB 2 (PAID)
    11. Chewie (PAID)
    12. Becky
    13. Jim Parkin (PAID)
    14. Paul Reeve 2(PAID)
    15. Rachel (provisionally)
    16. Taz (Tallis H) (provisionally)

Jim (& anyone else interested until car is full): I can offer a lift from Knutsford Station, leaving at 5:30pm ish (unlikely to be any sooner)

Mini Goon
    I will be up in the area from Thursday. I may drag my mate along is there still room in the bunkhouse?

thanks Milly, that would be great...

Reevo, plenty of room if you fancy it!

Ultra King

As it looks like most peeps won't be arriving till after @ 5pm ish at earliest.

Is it possible to arrive at Barn around then? Is it easy to find? Are there wardens?

It looks likely I'll be there way before anyone. I could get a fire/heating going, the like.

If I stay in pub that long, I may be'tempted' to have a wee tipple and as I rarely drink?May need carried to Barn.

Mini Goon

Maria

Have PM'd you