Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pravda/BBC

Is anyone else pissed off with the state indoctrination of the Olympigs?

You will enjoy. You will want this. We can make you enjoy this.

Feck the economic crisis sweeping the country, you can watch Bruce Forsyth carring a torch.

George Orwell must be turning in his grave.

What did Goebbels say? Tell a lie often enough and folk will believe it.

Another chance for the Eton schoolboys and the Rothschilds to piss all over us.

Is their any decent soaps on tonight?

Look on the bright side. Normally, when the powers that be want to divert our attention away from their numerous fuck ups, they declare war on somebody. Oh wait, they did. I'd forgotten about the plumbers and gardners

No amount of propaganda from the meeja and the government can disguise the fact that the Olympics are a collosal vanity project and a disgraceful waste of money - and it's our fucking money that's being wasted.

I'd be marginally less infuriated by the whole risible Olympics charade - only marginally, mind - if we didn't have to listen to patronising supercillious drivel from the odious Cheerleader In Chief Seb Coe, one of the few men I've seen who struts even when he's sitting down. He is just like Cameron, a smug self-satisfied rebarbative little shit.

So, Seb Coe. What do you think of him really?

Super Moderator captain paranoia's Avatar

Yes. The sponsorship thought police in particular. You can't say '2012', 'London', etc. and you can't wear non-sponsors' clothing at Olympic venues, and you can't eat or drink non-sponsors' products. Anyone transgressing will be specially rendered to Guantanamo Bay for mind re-processing.

I heard the Olympic road lanes being referred to as 'Zil lanes' the other day. They were wittering on about how the athletes and Communist Part Members, sorry, Apparatchiks, sorry Olympic officials need to be sure of getting to the venues. What they didn't mention was that passes have been sold to commercial operators, too... Apart from the taxi drivers, of course...

I hear a rumour that measures will be taken to stop non-paying spectators are Weymouth. Not quite sure how that would work; maybe giant curtains along the beach or causeway, or goons beating people with sticks... You can't take a chair, though... or take in any more than 100ml of liquid and a small snack, for a 5-hour event. But you can buy a tera-cake for £2.10, and a bottle of water for £1.20, on top of the £55 you've paid for the ticket.

Oh, and, despite all the money spent on the new road (not that it'll make any difference other than move the blockage), no additional investment was put into the railways (quelle surprise), so they cannot lay on any extra trains.

Bread and circuses, Mike. Step away from the soaps...

I was briefly part of the Olympic spirit today, on an over-crowded tram alighting dozens at Old Trafford for Team GB game later...Londoners, you have my sympathy...

Well I, personally, am looking forward to the opening ceremony tomorrow.

With any luck the traffic on the A9 will be quiet as everyone's glued to their sets having Olympic Mogadon poured into their heads.

No telly or phone where I'll be at the weekend.

I don't recall inviting you at mine Kinley...???

I tried to phone ahead MS but......

Spot on about the 'Zil lanes', Captain.

Soviet Moscow or London?

But at least Eastenders and Corrie is on tonight.

It's a fair point Kinley, bring a deck of cards though...

Quote Originally Posted by captain paranoia View Post

Yes. The sponsorship thought police in particular. You can't say '2012', 'London', etc. and you can't wear non-sponsors' clothing at Olympic venues, and you can't eat or drink non-sponsors' products. Anyone transgressing will be specially rendered to Guantanamo Bay for mind re-processing.
    I like the sponsorship from Coke, Cadburys and McDonalds

Just what every olympic athlete will be using.

McDonalds is the "Official Olyympic Resturant" apparently. It is not a resturant.

Why not some sponsorship from Philip Morris, or BAT, for the official olympic cigarette, or would that be unacceptable?

I'd like to thank everyone outside of london for paying for it. Most generous of you. I shall enjoy the expanded and improved transport and seeing a napalm ready part of london being transformed.

Wasn't there a certain football team who suffered the same olympian fate who suffered in the altitude of peru? And a tennis player at wim me blew down?

The main transport problems at this time of year are people who are unaware of the evening rush hour and so wish to return home with their small children and buggies at this time. Add these sensible people in with the oil limp pick crowd for extra fun.

The rest of the curmudgeons may spend their time as they wish - watching billy in northenders carrying the oh lyme pork torch...

Once again, so long and thanks for all the infrastructure.

The paralympians say thanks too.

Whatever the stupidities (and it was the missile batteries on rooftops that pushed me over the edge) it's here now, and it's happening so you might as well make the best of it. I fully intend to enjoy watching the cycling at the very least. You can't beat them at this point, might as well join them...

Pete.

i shall be trying to watch some of the cycling, albeit from afar, on saturday.

at least the fag companies would be more open than the 10 year old running around with gerrard on the back and carlsberg on the front...or maybe a high interest loan...or a wager with a free bet...or the f1 cars? fags or becks as a sponsor?

i shall no doubt return bemoaning the woad bedaubed who are unable to operate barriers nor know how to move in a crowd.

it's all great stuff. rock on.

(whatever next. they may be building stadia in scotland)

bythe way. the moaners really have been sold the idea and curiously believe it too. chuckles quietly to self.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug MacShag View Post

You will enjoy. You will want this. We can make you enjoy this.

Feck the economic crisis sweeping the country, you can watch Bruce Forsyth carring a torch.

George Orwell must be turning in his grave.

What did Goebbels say? Tell a lie often enough and folk will believe it.

Another chance for the Eton schoolboys and the Rothschilds to piss all over us.

Well, over the last couple of years or so I reckon the economic crisis has had plenty of coverage by the BBC. I ended up having to not listen to R4 in bed at night as I used to because it just made me miserable and angry.

It is so nice to have something positive to focus on instead.

Yes, I do get annoyed with the ridiculous sponsorship. Yes, the ticket arrangements were a farce. But blimmey, there are shedloads of fantastically talented sportsmen and women gracing our shores over the next couple of weeks, and that's plenty of cause for celebration. If you don't like it buy a box-set of DVD's and hole up for a fortnight, or head off into the wilds of Scotland for a backpacking adventure.

I agree with Jon. I'm going to enjoy both the Olympics and Paralympics, and enjoy going to the footie next weekend.

The Olympics are so far removed from here they may as well be in another country. Oh, hang on.....