Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Canal Kayaking

Got the Pyranah this evening. At 9.5ft and plastic, it's heavier than my 14ft fibreglass nomads but according to Chris, it weighs the same as the nemesis. Not sure if it is a Rotobat but it certainly has the Pyranah logo and looks like the ones online. Comfier seat and a little more leg room but not by much more than the Snipe and Comanche. The guy I bought it from seemed to think he was getting too big for its 90kg weight limit and had opted for an inflatable instead. I better watch my weight like a hawk, but at 63kg and losing, I've got a while before I should worry
    Got my Canoe England membership too came with my waterways license card and lanyard, go canoe and kayaking and focus magazine. So good to go. We're going out on Friday again, I may try to Pyranah but I'm concerned it might be a whole new kettle of fish :-S I've only just got my balance in the Conanche lol. Nevermind, try and fail then try and try again. Sooo Excited!!!!

Picked up my last Kayak tonight. It appears older than all of mine. It's had some major hull surgery I.e a whole new fibreglass bottom, maybe why the seat has been removed. It's wider than my others, heavier, with a 1/2 inch rim around the middle. Possibly an old scout kayak? definitely a lot heftier. Judging by the current scrapes and scratches and holes, it's going to take quite a bit of work. I think I'm going to go ahead as planned and use it as a donor/practice repair boat. If I can get it looking better and maybe more reliable (it might already be reliable :^S) I'll either swap my Comanche for it or sell it on for someone else to enjoy. Fingers crossed

My dogs of war and my battle fleet

Some of the kit i shall be using to repair

The plastic "Pyranah Rotobat" if thats what it is at all

"I'm Sexy and I Know it" LOL. What have i gotten myself into

This is the underside of the blue kayak. like ive said before, its had considerable work done to the hull and the removal of the seat. I can't find replacement seats anywhere as i assume they are moulded with the boat. Juding by the next picture, the deck is the same shape as the Snipe, possibly the same, however the work thats been done to the blue has made it a lot heavier and has a noticable rim around the entire length of the kayak.

And last but not least, Chris's mrk1 skeg on the nemesis