Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone used Trekkinn.com?

Has anyone bought 'owt from http://www.trekkinn.com?
    They have a few things on there I'd like to buy but I'm always wary about using an online shop I'm not familiar with
    cheers

Hi Justin, I used them before and it was fine. What I ordered was not in stock so I ended up having to wait a while for it to come but it it did no problem. I would use them again.

thanks Nick

If your not sure about an online retailer see if you can contact them by phone first and see if they have what you want in stock, then maybe pay by credit card so ypu get covered for losses(over £100?).

Widdler
    I've used them too, the order tracking links/numbers I got given didn't seem to work but all arrived fine. I do get a ridiculous amount of spam from them (and their various other sites, snowinn, skiinn, scubainn, someotherthinginn etc) which is pretty annoying. Can't remember seeing an opt in/out option when registering/ordering.

I ordered a tent from them which had a manufacturing fault.The Company arranged collection by Courier but I had to wait several weeks before I eventually obtained a refund.
    The main problem which I encountered was phoning through to the Company in the daytime and getting an answer phone message without being able to speak with anyone in person.It seemed that you had more chance of speaking to someone if you rang early evening.
    Everything was sorted out to my satisfaction but it is doubtful that I would use them again as I prefer to be able to pick up a phone and speak with someone straight away if there are any issues to be resolved.
    I should add that I have ordered other items from them which were in perfect condition and the fault on the tent was down to the manufacturer and nothing to do with Trekkinn.

Same as Nick P for me. Spoke to a Spanish woman who spoke better English than me! Cancelled my order there and then as I couldn't wait for the item to come into stock. Shame the order tracking page didn't tell me it was out of stock... If you order, it might be an idea to phone and check delivery dates etc.

Will definitely be using them in the future as the prices are good

TG

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Carrington 2 View Post
    I've used them too, the order tracking links/numbers I got given didn't seem to work but all arrived fine. I do get a ridiculous amount of spam from them (and their various other sites, snowinn, skiinn, scubainn, someotherthinginn etc) which is pretty annoying. Can't remember seeing an opt in/out option when registering/ordering.
    But you can unsubscribe from them.

I just want to thank you all for posting your experiences online. I'm about to place an order because they have a great price, but I wanted to make sure that their customer service is good. If I have any problems, I'll post here. If not, then my jacket made it to New Jersey with no problem!

JBW

Widdler

Thanks for sharing.

Lywin

Just to reiterate my thoughts on this Company.If the goods which you ordered are to your satisfaction(and there is absolutely no reason why they should not be)then their prices are extremely competetive.

However,if there is any sort of fault with the goods or you change your mind about the purchase,then be prepared for a long wait to either obtain a replacement/refund.

There was a manufacturing fault with the item which I purchased but it was not immediately obvious to the untrained eye.I returned the item to the Company and they said that as it was faulty,they would have to get in touch with the Supplier before they could sort things out for me.

I suspect that if I had just returned the item and said that it was no longer required,everything would have been sorted out much quicker.The fact that they had to refer back to the Manufacturer meant that it was several weeks before I got my refund and I had to make several phone calls to Spain to try and speed things up.

I repeat again that I got very frustrated that I always seemed to get an answerphone message and I found it much better telephoning early evening rather than in the daytime.

Good luck with your purchases-their prices are very good.

Mini Goon

i ordered from them and they were very competitive and the order was delivered on time and to spec etc.

The thing is, the difference between e-retailers is all in the aftersales. I've just had a problem with an order from sportsdirect (blush). Not their fault - the couriers (yodel) lost the parcel. But getting hold of them and getting money back is not quick or straightforward.

First problem of this sort I've had, but once you've been stung it makes you look at all the other venders differently. Most of them are not crooked, but cheap comes at a price and it is almost always the aftersales.

My jacket arrived in an unprecedented THREE DAYS! Brand new, as expected, and I was very happy with the price.

Of course, I don't know what service would be like if I wanted to make a return. Based on pendodave's thoughts, I'm glad I don't have to deal with it.

Mini Goon

I ordered a rucksack that was in stock on their website then got an email through saying wasnt in stock 2 months gone by with regular emails from me but the thing that annoyed me most was each time i emailled i got a different person who gave me the same copy and paste email over and over again REALLY annoying alongside this got tons of and still do junk mail from them and there associated companies eventually gave up cancelled my order and went elsewhere dont waste your time with them!!

I ordered from them a few times and have had nothing but fast delivery from them.

The curse of "out of stock but we wont tell you" is a problem I have had a few times. Seems that many retailers are reluctant to admit when they are out of stock.

Widdler

Has anyone been asked for proof of ID (passport number) when placing an order with credit card?

...no, used them twice recently. Are you requesting a different delivery address or something that requires more proof?..

‹bermensch

I would be very wary about giving your passport number out.

I don't see how a retailer would be able to verify this sort of information (or a credit card company) and it sounds very dubious to me.

This sort of info should only be held by government agencies (or passed to them if you're visiting the country)

Goon
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowdon Ranger View Post

Just to reiterate my thoughts on this Company.If the goods which you ordered are to your satisfaction(and there is absolutely no reason why they should not be)then their prices are extremely competetive.

However,if there is any sort of fault with the goods or you change your mind about the purchase,then be prepared for a long wait to either obtain a replacement/refund.

There was a manufacturing fault with the item which I purchased but it was not immediately obvious to the untrained eye.I returned the item to the Company and they said that as it was faulty,they would have to get in touch with the Supplier before they could sort things out for me.

I suspect that if I had just returned the item and said that it was no longer required,everything would have been sorted out much quicker.The fact that they had to refer back to the Manufacturer meant that it was several weeks before I got my refund and I had to make several phone calls to Spain to try and speed things up.

I repeat again that I got very frustrated that I always seemed to get an answerphone message and I found it much better telephoning early evening rather than in the daytime.

Good luck with your purchases-their prices are very good.

Yes I agree...if your stuff arrives and is all ok then they are great, but refunds, exchanges, communication is all a bit slow in my experience.

Widdler

just received a North Face down jacket from them, the jacket package had already been opened and it looks like it was a return that they have recycled it appears to have been already worn, very slow to respond to mails and haven't given me a return number after four days and three mails. Also bombarded with spam mails. Very disappointed and won't use them again