Thread: Parkhouse & Chrome Hill and a WWII bunker - tr 06/12/2012

Widdler
    Peak District - Parkhouse & Chrome Hill 06/05/2012 Distance - 7.5miles
    Ascent - 15688
    Time - 4hrs 25min Route - Earl Sterndale - Hitter Hill - Parkhouse Hill - Chrome Hill - High Edge - Hollins Hill - Hollinsclough - Glutton Bridge - Earl Sterndale Map of the route I have wanted to do these two hills for a while now and tempted my wife to come along with a late start, pub lunch and plenty of scrambling. We arrived in Earl Sterndale just before 10.30am and were faced with my worst nightmare a field full of cows and we had to go through it. We managed to avoid some of the cows by climbing over a few wall but one was stood next to the gate. No way was I going through there so my wife took the dogs off me and held my hand past. WHAT A BIG GIRL I AM The short but very steep ascent of Parkhouse faced us next and it looked a tough climb and to be honest it was one of the hardest I have done for a while. Time for a quick brake after only one mile. Staying on the ridge all the way to the end you get a true mountain feel on a small hill. Nicely finished off with a big scramble at the end.

you can see the full trip report, map and pics on my blog, check it out on the link below
    http://mountainboxer01.blogspot.co.u...rome-hill.html

My favourite White Peak hills. This brought back fun memories of the OM 'Shallow Grave' meet in June last year

Not Gwumpy's favourite bunker though - he wrecked his back jumping down into it some of our meet pics here and here