Thread: Any Peak District Meets?

Initiate
    Hi,

I'm fairly new to OM, and have just happened upon this topic. I live in Leek, Staffs and walk with the U3A and the Ramblers. I'm 48 whilst the average age of the people I walk with is 65+.

It would be great to meet walkers nearer my own age.

I generally walk on my own, but would love to hook up with some local-ish people.

Si

Hi,

I'm just up the road from you, in Buxton. Attend (and organise) lots of OM meets, though that means I'm away from the Peak District for much of the time.

Are you looking for day walks or weekend camping/barn trips? I'm a good bet for lift-shares for the latter.

Milly.

Hi new mwmber here....

Was browsing the forums and stumbled across this thread, Im looking to have some wild camp, hiking, stndard camping or even barn trips in the near future once I get my kit together. Total newbie to the lifestyle but getting the urge to get out of the concrete jungle...

Milly where and how do I find out about organised trips in the NW? I live in Altrincham but willing to tavel to meets.

Hi Stephen, welcome to OM.

'Organised' is putting a bit much emphasis on it (we try... ), but if you keep an eye open for 'Meets and Partners' threads on here & sign up for any you fancy... Meets are set up by anyone who will stick their neck out and start a new thread (so you could too - make a suggestion and a date and see who wants to come along).

I'll hopefully be doing a couple of Peak District day walks on the weekend of 19th & 20th May with other OM folk, but threads won't go up until a few days before (when we've seen the weather forecast and planned appropriate routes).

Meets currently in the pipeline (that I'm aware of) are:-

Wildcamp with Twigs

Glen Coe

Dartmoor

North York Moors

There will be more set up as time rolls along. There's more camping (wild and sites) in summer and more barns and hostels in autumn and winter.

Hope this helps. Basic 'rules' are: everyone is welcome, take responsibility for your own safety, car shares are good, have fun