Thread: Talkback: Hill People By Henry Iddon

Mini Goon
    Cheeky sod! Taking pics of folk walking then charging a small fortune to buy 'em. Right! Where's my camera, there's cash to be made here!!

Super Moderator captain paranoia's Avatar

Charging? Did I miss something?

Not that they look much more than 'snaps' to me. At least there are no cut-off feet...

Mini Goon

Yep, 275 a pop! No real outdoorsy type snaps with an arm stretched out trying to take a decent snap of yourself without showing off ye double chins!!

I wonder if all the folk on there realised there image was being sold for so much........

Yup... I found the bit where you could pay 275 for a picture of some random stranger to go over your mantelpiece. I've no idea whether the subjects were told that their pictures were for sale, but if they were, then presumably they were happy to pose. I remember meeting a photographer who used to wander round the hills with a stack of pre-printed 'model release slips'. He always asked people if they minded being photographed, then offered them a couple of quid in exchange for their signature on one of his slips, leaving him free to make whatever he could out of their pictures. The important thing to remember... if you talk to someone and ask them to pose for a shot... then you're already entering into a contract with them. The only way you can avoid this is to stand in a public place with your camera (such as a right of way on a hill), and just randomly shoot pictures of people in passing, without getting their agreement beforehand.

As for any OutdoorsMagic types I might have photographed... I'm more than happy to sell you your pictures for 200... representing a MASSIVE saving of 75 on Iddon's rates!

And did anyone like the pictures? Or has that been lost in the fact someone took pictures of people and are selling them? Don't lots of professional photographers take pictures of people and then sell the pictures? Why is this different?

I actually thought the pictures were quite good. It shows the variety of people that go and the poses and expressions on the peoples faces made me want to know more about why they were up there on the hills...

Mini Goon
    Nick, I just found it strange. Just my opinion really. Maybe folk gave there permission, who knows....and to be honest who cares.....

I didn't say they were bad pictures - just over priced for what they are. Personally I enjoy my time out an showing off my pics to friends an family - if they can be bothered or interested!! If you want to know why folk are in the hills then use the 275 (or 200! From Paddy...) an travel out an chat. It wasn't a serious jab at the photographer just an opinion.......

Ehehehe, I think that's a good point Baame Spend the money and head out. It is very expensive for the pictures to be fair... I find it a strange concept to put your pictures on-line in pretty good quality and then try to get people to spend 275 on it... I've seen them now so I wouldn't want to pay that much it. Also, I think they are good as a collection, not as single prints, but that's just my opinion.

As for shoing friends and family pictures... why is it so hard! When I was young we all used to sit around and look at pictures people had taken on trips or on holidays. Why do they not want to look anymore?

(maybe I'm a crap photographer )

Quote Originally Posted by Baaame View Post
    ...(or 200! From Paddy...)
    You drive a hard bargain... 150... my final offer!

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy Dillon View Post

As for any OutdoorsMagic types I might have photographed... I'm more than happy to sell you your pictures for 200... representing a MASSIVE saving of 75 on Iddon's rates!
    And your price for video footage?

I'm wondering if Maria & I have been snapped by Henry. There was an unknown fella stopped us in the Peak District, asked us some q's and took our pic... Did we hit the cutting room floor... or was it someone else with a different motive? (We thought it a little strange)

Quote Originally Posted by Milly. View Post
    Same rate... 200 and you can have a copy.

For 2,000 I'll take it down from YouTube!

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy Dillon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Milly. View Post
    Same rate... 200 and you can have a copy.

For 2,000 I'll take it down from YouTube!

Initiate

Found a picture of my son complete with painted England face from our recent Wembley visit (England/Holland) on a news website,they wanted 78 for a copy.Crooks.

You should have demanded a 78 modelling fee or a photo.