Thread: looking for a new hard shell

I say "hard" shell, what I really mean is fully waterproof, breathable shell, presumably hard shell. I have no Paramo experience and not about to start sorry! Quite a few sales starting soon so probably a good time to buy and I need by end of March. Just a regular decent shell, ideally

I like but, am not limited to,Rab/Marmot/ME.Looking for value for money, no fixed budget but expect to pay 100-160 ... 200 definitely too much.

I actually bought my last one (Craghoppers eVent) from someone on here who'd nabbed a few bargains from TK Maxx!

Any suggestions appreciated

Thanks .... Simon.

PS I managed to rip mine with crampons in the bag - have patched it up with Spinnaker tape (albeit a different shade of green), which was okay for a while but comes off in proper rain. Also has sleeve seam coming loose and (despite recent reproofing) one of the arms had several non-beading areas, although it didn't leak to be fair. All in all I should probably replace.

If you're not in a rush, then you may as well spend the next few weeks keeping an eye on ebay and various gear classifieds and grab whatever looks alright

Personally I use a ME Morpheus. By a stroke of good luck I managed to get it for less than 150 so if it were me, I'd spend time browsing the web for sale offers. You never know. Pretty sure I saw a tab latock somewhere for 160 a couple of weeks ago.

Goon
    I'd go to a shop with a good selection and try a few on for size decide what features you want/like and then keep your eye open in the sales etc until one appears within your budget.

I meant 'Rab' not tab.....flipping touch screen phones.

Depending on a few factors, I'd try and head to rabs factory shop in alfreton. Nearly all their stock is half price or more (as you'd expect). My event jacket from there was 100, and its been very good!

Goon

As Serriadh says you can get some bargains if you're willing to wait. Early last year I got a Crux Torq for 130 in a sale on WebTogs because it was older stock - RRP for the current version is 270.