Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: After some trousers

Goon

To be honest unless you are looking at stuff like tights things do tend to be on the loose side. Eg my Rohan stuff is loose enough at the cuff to get both my legs through when it needs only to allow the cuff to go over the boot.

I suppose like most things fashion plays a large part.

Goon
    Just remembered that the best cut I can find is older Rohan Bags. I am sure that the newer ones are slightly slacker or have my old ones shrunk. Not round the waist!

Like I said try some of the stretch fabric trousers aimed at climbers and things. Some of those are cut very close. Quite close to tights actually.

‹bermensch
    Go back to Tanmarack and look at Norrona Trousers. These come in different weights for different seasons. I loved the lightweight ones but don't need them now so I bought the midweight Svalbard and a heavyweight pair. Only had them about a week but the midweight ones are very comfy for casual use. Thigh pockets might not be quite big enough for you. The heavy weight ones have re-inforcing patches for the ankles and a method of tightening up/narrowing the ankle to get a tight fit. Mid-weights are £90 and the heavyweights £150 but you may still be ablt to get a 15% discount.

Have you tried here? www.nordicoutdoor.co.uk

‹bermensch
    Just re-read the thread and didn't see the bit about Nordic Outdoors opening a shop in Keswick first time round. I hope it works out for them. I've ordered stuff over the internet from them and generally had very good service from them. I say 'generally', there was one order that took a while to arrive but when I chased them up about it it was in the post the next day.

Widdler

I have a really old pair of Haglofs - unsure what type but they are excellent. Just ordered and now returned a new pair (Mid Trail Pant) as I was "less than impressed" with the design features. Useless "cargo" pockets (designed to help you lose your valubales (small for phones wallets, GPS, etc. with a vertical zip and bottom of pocket level with bottom of zip so should it drift open ... valuable item lost).

It was as much little things where they seemed to be going for fasion at the cost of functionality (e.g. rear pocket flap poper positioned to edge of pocket so you can get items in and out without opening poper. Position in middle and it is far more secure even if maybe not so fasionable?).

So they went back and I'm consideringFjällräven (quite pricey for me) or maybeBergans of Norway (better priced) - but I don't want to buy something cheap only to have it wear out in 6 months time.

I am pretty unimpressed with most of the "mainstream" stuff stocked in the high street stores (seems designed for a short life).

But that is all just my impression/opinion. And I will admit to being fussy.

Sorry, i thought Milly had started this thread.