Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Seen any good movies lately?

Watched Hellboy on dvd last night, wasn't bad, very enjoyable.

Lost in Translation on DVD - fantastic good film.

Aliens on the TV the other night - Kick ass good film, perhaps the first one where the sequal was better than the original.

Shrek 2 at the cinema ("I'm a stallion baby!") - wasted on kids.

Looking forward to going to see "The Stepford Wives."

Why don't they show the uncut version of Aliens though, it is much better.

Watched shrek 2 and couldn't stop laughing, the kids behind us were asking us to shut up, but how can you???

Watched the ninth gate or some such last night, passed the time anyway!!

Shrek 2 was good.
    Spiderman 2 was excellent

Aliens, I have the boxed set with everything you ever wanted to know about the movies plus stuff you didn't know you wanted to know. Still working my way through it all.

Still haven't watched American Splendor and I've had it since Christmas!

Looking forward to getting my hands on the extended Return of the King.

Is it true they kept loads of action back for the big all-in-one lotr dvd release? That sounds a good marketing tactic.
    I'd buy that i reckon

Still haven't seen Fahrenheit 911 (spellcheck anyone?). Have been meaning to go for a couple of weeks. Anyone seen it???

AND...I'm looking forward to the Stepford Wives too. The original was great and this has got Nicole Kidman in it (puuurrrrr)...

Cidade de Deus (aka City of God) - awesome Brazillian film, about a boy who grows up in a Rio Ghetto, and fights to escape. Brilliantly filmed, superbly narrated - highly recommended!

C'est arrivé près de chez vous (Man Bites Dog) - Incredibly sardonic Belgian "fake documentory" film, about a small production crew who follow a serial killer and capture his exploits on celluloid. Very dark humour, and very clever film.

Lola rennt (Run Lola Run) - cracking German film - the same story told in three different ways, about a lad who messes up a deal for a local gangster, and how his grilfriend tries to help him.

Amores Peros (Mexican I think) is also brilliant and is in a similar vein to City Of God.

ROTK, they have done it with all three movies basically. Extended scenes, new scenes, it's almost like watching another movie. Going by previous extended editions, the new one will be 4 hours 15 approx I think. As the others have added 45mins or so to the movies. Although before the release of ROTK I read the initial edit was 4 hours 30 mins!
    I am so looking forward to this coming out. Maybe after it is out, back to back showing of all 3 extended editions in the party tent at the next OM meet?

Fahrenheit 911 was really good, I came out hating Americans ;-)

Just found out that HMV have an exclusive Looney Tunes DVD Box set!!!!! RAD!!!!

I'm SOOOOOO buying that this weekend... Daffy Duck rules!

Well I wouldn't go that far but Fahrenheit 9/11 is a blast... I came out very scared of and for the human race. Clinton lied about, well, some sordid and frankly minor stuff and got crucified. The way that GWB hasn't been called to account on any number of things is bizarre. Conspiracy theory anyone

And the way that the poor young soldiers in Iraq were baffled as to why they weren't welcomed with open arms was pitiful to see. As were the film clips of all the reasons why.

And Mr Moore was less of a tw*t than I expected though you have to take his stuff in conjunction with a huge pinch of salt.

I was in HMV the other day and my other half wouldn't let me buy 'Cannonball Run' on DVD - gutted.

I loved th ebit when he tried to sign up the senators children to join the army. Funny none were interested...

Slightly off thread.. ive been catching up on the episodes of the Sopranos series by series... we're pretty amazed by it here... amazing tv.. brilliant writing

I'm looking forward to this new King Arthur film being a closet Arthurian fan as it were.

Fingers crossed its not total pants.

Widdler
    I'm an outed kiera knightley fan, so im looking forward to it too! It looks a bit different to the other interpretations of the story tho. My dad got me scared sh*tless when i was 5 when he showed me Excalibur- the film that is. Great film tho!!

How could it be, it's got Keira Knightly in it!?!

Hmmm, I'm a little skeptical about the new King Arthur filum staying true to the legend, although I suppose I'd better wait until I've seen it first before commenting.

[In a US accent...]

"God damn it Merlin you asshole, the CEOs of the Round BigMac would never go for that!"

"On the contrary, President Arthur - they want to beat those damn commies as much as you! And with the new corporate tax breaks you're offering, they couldn't possibly refuse".

"Good point. Bring me my squire, Gates. We fly the new Swoosh banner into battle at first light"...

God, I'm bored...

IMHO its worth trying to find a book called 'Firelord' by Parke Godwin. One of the better Arthur novels and seems to maybe perhaps be something some ideas for the film came from - the whole last dying days of Rome thing etc.