Thread: Short "people" united??

Okay, okay - abit of a moan here. Am I the only woman in the entire planet that has problems finding technical clothing that is short enough? Many manufacturers offer long leg verisions, but not the short!! But why? I'm sure that if we hold a united frount we'll be able to force them into submission! Over the last few years I've refused to buy anything tachnical unless it actually fits my short legs (26") So this means that I know need new trousers and new over trousers as my old ones are knackered!!

humm, better stop my rant as this could take a long time!!

It's the same in the tall end. Fits in the waist, but not in the @rse or legs. OK in the legs, but need a bumectomy.

Oh to be 'average'.

I have this problem all the time Angeline. I buy day-to-day clothing in teenage fashion shops, and outdoor clothing in Decathlon when I go to France, which is usually at least once a year. I know there are a few Decathlons in the UK but I tried one once and it was UK sizes and a fraction of the range of the French ones.
    Waterproofs are a pain. Mine are too big for me.

Do you think they assume that you will cut the bottoms off trousers until the length is right for your height?

Yeah, the cutting the bottoms off conundrum ... to cut or not to cut ... but have you noticed that less and less outdoor trousers give you the option? They all have press studs and I refuse to pay through the nose for a pair that I've got to take a knife too ... arrrrr ....

I read in a fashion mag or somewhere that it's a really bad idea to shorten clothes yourself because the whole cut is affected and they never look quite right afterwards. That suits me because I hate sewing anyway, so I never do it now.

got depressed again yesterday - went to an outdoor shop - told myself NOT to look at trousers but had to anyway .............

:'(

ho humm

I thought I had a problem in that most business suits tend to be cut for the, er, portlier gentleman so either the jacket's too small or the trolleys too big. Then I experience traipsing round every shop with my depressed fiancÚe looking for *anything* in a size ten with 38" leg, let alone technical equipment...

Widdler
    Took me ages to find a pair of trousers that fitted me (27" legs). I tried all the women's ones on as well. Ended up with a pair of Mountain Hardwears which are slightly long, but absolutely fine if I've got shoes/boots on. Off to the US in September - hopefully I'll find something good there.