Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Travel Tap Water Filter

‹bermensch

You can get reasonable amounts from a gravity fed bladder type container e.g. a source liquitainer coupled with the inline filter.

Me too, A 2 litre utralitebag for solo users would be useful.

On a multi week trip I did have a problem with filter clogging up, probably more my fault than the filters for not filtering more when filling. Back at home I did back flush the filter with the sink tap connecton with success. I will take the sink tap connection with me on long trips if I take this set up.

Gives good, probably the safest water, but I prefer Aquaventure drops or tablets on longtrips to save weight and pack space.

"I prefer Aquaventure drops or tablets on longtrips to save weight and pack space."

Though for the sake of safety, in case any newbies aren't aware of this, chemical treatment is only part of the purification process. You should always filter water first (chemical treatment won't remove sediment or heavy metals for example).

Perhaps someone could create a link to one of the (no doubt many) resources on the subject from the OM site - I can't do links. Yet...but one day : )

‹bermensch

Quite right Warhippo, the inline filter does do the job and the water tastes fine. With Aquaventure you need to be more careful when sourcing the water, i.e away from livestock, not rivulets running across paths etc. Getting away from livestock is not easy in the UK.If you get away from the sheep you are in deer country.

Quote Originally Posted by Parky Again View Post
    no danger from then bedders. giles who runs the show is the epitomy of helpfulness. and they're considerably cheaper and superior compared to the competition.
    He sure is, top fella.

Another thumbs up for the Travel tap.