Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: Zephyros Owners Thread

Widdler

Hi folks

I've owned a Zephyros 2 for a few years now and it's had a good few nights' usage. Although one of its selling points is that it pitches as one, if I'm using it for 2 or more nights, moving from place to place, I always detach the inner from the outer and pack them separately, to keep the inner from getting wet from being rolled up with the outer. But then I always find it's a much bigger faff pitching when they're separate - it takes me at least twice as long as it should - put the pole through the hoop, loosely pitch the outer, attach the inner to the hoop and to the head and foot end, un-peg the outer and re-peg it all... as opposed to pitching it all in one go. I wonder is it really worth separating them - even if the inner gets wet, does it dry out once it's pitched again given it's thin and light?

Also, I don't know if it's that I keep getting uneven pitching sites or my pitching skills are rubbish (I know which is more likely) but I always struggle with getting the tent taut - one side can be loose and flapping while the door side is straining against the zip! It's not done me too badly so far with sheltered campsites and one calm, breezeless night at Angle Tarn, but I wouldn't trust myself to camp up on a windy top. Any tips please?

Thanks!

Widdler

Anyone know where i could pick up zephyros 2xl lite?

Widdler

Do you think the pole could be replaced with aLaser Competition 2 Pole Set, 8.84mm DAC Featherlite to reduce the weight?

Widdler
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulbous View Post

Anyone know where i could pick up zephyros 2xl lite?

I don't believe they do a 2XL lite version.

Goon

Thinking of buying a Zephyros 1. Currently have a laserlite which I purchased around 10 years ago as a second from Terra Nova but it is now on its last legs. I don't fancy forking out 300+ for a new tent so if I get a Zephyros 1 I could use the end poles, pole and guys to make it a little lighter. But I am just wondering if it is a decent tent. With the laser I often go up to around 2500m in the pyrenees and wild camp in the basque mountains, which have similar conditions to the UK, so would a Zephyros be able for that too?

Mini Goon
    Hi iam scrapping a zephyros 2 it isn't economically repairable but many bits are fine , so if anyone is missing a part to there's you can have the bits.

cheers

Goon
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
    I don't believe they do a 2XL lite version.
    Yep I have one of those

I have had a shocking experience with Terra Nova, especially the customer service (or lack of it). I bought a Terra Nova tent and the second time i used it it ripped. Sent it off for inspection and they said it was my fault and it must have got snagged on something. It ripped in the middle of the night when i was asleep, so this is not possible. I had to have it fixed at my cost. On its return it was not returned with the tent bag i sent it in. This time they (Terra Nova) said it was not in a tent bag when they received it. Now I have a repaired tent and no tent bag that has been used twice! Keep Away!

I'm thinking of buying a Zephyros 2 for one man backpacking, I like a bit of space to spread out. Has anyone got any experience of winter use in wind, rain, snow. I wonder how it performs if it were to have snow on it. Can you also tell me the packed size, particularly the length of the folded poles.