Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Zephyros Owners Thread

Übermensch Salmon Shirted Panther's Avatar

Compare the (new) Laser Comp. 2 schematic with the schematic for the Zephyros 1:

Laser Comp. 2

Zephyros 1

That has made my mind up! I'm going to get a Zephyros 1 to replace my Vango Spectre (for when I camp with my son) and keep my Laser Competition for solo camping.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonDawes View Post

Compare the (new) Laser Comp. 2 schematic with the schematic for the Zephyros 1:

Laser Comp. 2

Zephyros 1

That has made my mind up! I'm going to get a Zephyros 1 to replace my Vango Spectre (for when I camp with my son) and keep my Laser Competition for solo camping.
    compared to my superlight voyager the zephyros 1 is as near as makes no difference the same size, and weight but only costs a 3rd of the price! I think I know what my next tent will be!

Error on my schematic (above) for the Laser Comp. 2. The proper one is below

Laser Comp. 2

The dimensions are the same.

Can anyone confirm the internal dimensions for the Zephyros 1 please?

Those photos that Masterluke posted show the internal tent pretty much filled to capacity with one sleeping bag.

Below is a link to a you tube video/review of the Zephyros 1:

Zephyros 1 video review

Any chance from those who now have one of a photo of the inner with a sleepmat in place to give an idea of size? Somthing taken from one end looking along the lengh of the inner prehaps?

Jeez all these questions! It's a bargain, just buy it! Well, it was a bargain...

Ultra King
    Can i join?

Widdler
    Can anyone confirm the reliability of the weights quoted of the Zephyros 1 and 2?

I recently sent a Vango Apex 200 back to the retailer as it was nearly 20% heavier than the 'total weight' quoted, and made it too heavy for my needs.

Price drop: Now £90.00 & £120.00 from Sports Direct or Field & Trek.

The eagle has landed! Well actually, the tent has arrived... Will pitch it shortly, just to see...

Can't believe they dropped the price to £90. Oh well, it's still a bargain at £100

Can you check the internal dimensions and confirm the weight as well please Colonel?

Cheers, Simon.

I will indeed, just as son as I can be arsed to move out of my comfy seat...

I've not weighed mine (scales not accurate enough), but it's not heavy at all. Internally there is plenty of room. I haven't done a full set up yet, but judging by the plan, I can put my sleep mat in and still have a full 30cm all way down the length - not including the extra in the triangulation where it extends to a point in the middle.

it'll probably be £80 by the time mine arrives

I still am usure about the Zephyros 1 being large enough to squeeze two people into (although the internal dimensions claimed are the same as the new Laser Comp. 2).

The Zephyros 2 is only 7 cm wider internally but that could make the differnece of fitting two regular matts in side by side. Now the difference is only £30 and it will only be used for when I go with my son I am being drawn to the Zephyros 2.

The thing is, if the Zephyros 1 is just about wide enough it could be a replacement for the Laser Comp too (with only a slight weight penalty but extra room).

Dimensions confirmation would be great. The diagram below shows two mats side by side (51cm x 185 cm).

The top one is the Zephyros 2, you can see that the additional 7cm might be enough to accomodate the two matts (the dimensions are not given so I just guessed at the angle). The 7 cm is not that dramatic, however, as can be seen in the second diagram below.

Weighed in on the kitchen scales at 1.52kg minus bag, but including all pegs, so you could shave a bit off on those, plus a few grammes off with dyneema guys.

I would opt for the 2 man if you are taking your son. Too much of a squeeze in the 1 man think even head to toe.

Cheers Bellie.

At just £120.00 I fancy the Zephyros 2 to replace my Spectre 200. I can list it (Spectre) for free on Ebay at the weekend so I'll do that.

I will keep the Laser Comp. for trips without my son; if they are solo or with friends I tend to cover large distances and I believe the weight saving is still significant.

Well I finally got the damn thing erected. The inner had been attached the wrng way round and it was the first time I'd put up a tent like this, so it took me longer than normal. Then, to cap it all, just as I was taking a look at my finished creation, it rained. There's a couple of area's of the tent where things are tighter than they should be, and a couple of bits are loose, but I should be able to sort it after putting it up/down a few times.

I weighed everything and got as near as damn it the same weight as Bellie. I'll be buying some dyneema and changing the guys, so that will save a bit of weight, but it's still lighter than anything I've ever owned before, so I'm chuffed.

On the down side, the pegs are absolutely shocking, so I'll be using my Alpkit Titanium yokes. The standard of workmanship is terrible, with frayed bits here and unfinished bits there, but I suppose that's the Chinese for you!

All in all then, it's a cracking tent for not a lot of money. I won't put any pics up as Masterluke put up a nice set so there's nothing different I can do with my camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Blimp View Post
    )</blockquote>

I won't put any pics up as Masterluke put up a nice set so there's nothing different I can do with my camera.
    With a little imagination and a feather boa.................