Thread: Sheep on Bleaklow or Black mountains

Goon
    I'm planning a trip to the peak district (around bleaklow) or brecons (black mountains - waun fach area)

The main decision to choose between them will be the weather. Assuming its fairly equal, which it is, the second will ideally be if there are sheep in those two areas. I'm taking the dog and I'd rather have him off the lead. If there's sheep about then he's on the lead so if I can go to an area where there aren't any sheep that would be good!

Has anyone been up there recently or does anyone know?

‹bermensch
    Please don't let your dog off the lead on moorland where there is likely to be nesting birds.

Goon
    OK, thanks chaps. Read somewhere that bleaklow had been fenced off from sheep but must have been mistaken

Widdler

I lost a pair of Leki Makalu trekking poles in the northern Rhinogs over the Easter week-end. Can give full description and probable location where left if anyone has found them.

Thanks

Widdler
    More sheep than people over most of Peak District - same goes for West Wales, Yorkshire Dales, Cheviots etc. Think - all those lamb chops and woolly jumpers

Bleaklow is grim, although it's one of my favourite places, have a good look at Yellowslacks and Doctors gate for a route as well as the obvious Shelf stones, Wain Stones and B29 super fortress wreck.Also have alook at going of to Grinnah/Barrow stones they are worth a look

Re, animals you just never know, my mates dog dominated a baby hare once.It was a fairly one sided affair that lasted a good two seconds.

lots of sheep around the black mountains at the moment...just got back from an overnighter there this morning

Banned
    I've never seen Scrubs Scrubs DVDuntil about a week ago. A week later, and I saw all five seasons. Definitely a must see. Braff have a perfect blend of witty humor and a silly sense of her and Donald Faison integrates it in its role as his best friend and the other a doctor. You could not ask for more, of course, happy Prison Break DVDand emotional combination of a TV show. The progression of the characters in terms of investment in hospital and the feeling is incredible in every season and every episode. All players will increase their share of each season, it is also easier to create good growth throughout the show. Definitely worth a look ... and definitely my favorite show of all time. I carry the entireSopranos DVDload of 15 units in college and have made it through 117 episodes of six days ...be warned that you have no life, no matter how long it takes you to see these! I have a confession, I have never seen this show on television, and so far I think I can say I've never seen a single episode on One Tree Hill DVDTV. But my first two seasons on DVD, because after reading all the praise this show, I had to see what was happening with her and I was damn impressed. It's 22 minutes of brilliance once the episode begins. Watch the interaction between Dr. Cox and his "newbie" is excellent, and see the relationships develop in each episode leaves you in relationship with each character that helps you respect How I Met Your Mother DVDand appreciate the comedy that everyone is supposed to have and you can laugh even more than season continues. Ready to buy season three, and I'm glad theres still classic TV shows as they exist. Buy this game.
    ---------------------------
    Buy Cheap DVD
    Scrubs DVD

Parts of Bleaklow and Kinder Scout have been fenced off from sheep to help with the reseeding which has been going on. But only parts.